Author Topic: News reporters  (Read 1558 times)

simondjuk

• View Profile
News reporters
« on: December 22, 2011, 03:08:25 PM »
Do you find it a bit of a waste of money to send news reporters to certain locations to film a piece?

I have 4 prime examples which I found to be completely pointless.

1) M5 Crash - this sadly happened a while ago, what was the need to have BBC reporters on the scene showing us a closed Motorway?
2) The recent snow - Look North sent a reporter to the highest point on the M62 to show...a closed Motorway!
3) The recent snow (again) - a BBC reporter showing us another closed Motorway leading to the Forth Road Bridge.
4) The recent storms - yet again, Look North sent a reporter to a big hill to measure the windspeed.

Personally I cant see the point of sending someone out in these situations.  We knew what it was like.   The poor reporter on the Forth Bridge was being pounded by gales and snow, and you could clearly see she was very p**sed off with it.

With regards to the horrific M5 accident, im sure the families of the unfortunate victims dont want to see the utter carnage of where their loved ones perished by seeing the camera zooming in and out.  I think its a bit insensitive.

I just think that the licence fee could be better spent on more important things.  Yes by all means show us pictures but dont keep reporters there for hours on end for absolutely no reason.
Im a bomb technician.  If you see me running, try and keep up

Alsatian

• View Profile
Re: News reporters
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 03:20:41 PM »
Totally agree with you there - also, if the reporter was in a studio I'm sure people would listen more to what was being reported on than have their attention drawn to their location.

It would also save the cost of transport to the location(s) - sometimes involving travel abroad - with the resultant 'carbon footprint' reduction.

Here endeth the first lesson (sermon!)
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk