Author Topic: Future Chesterfield FC pros wanted!  (Read 1760 times)

anchorvite1

• View Profile
Future Chesterfield FC pros wanted!
« on: May 26, 2015, 09:04:32 AM »

Junior footballers (under 7s, under 11s, under 12s and under 15s) are being invited to try their hand at a Chesterfield-based soccer school that has already seen a number of its prodigies signing contracts with professional clubs including Chesterfield, Manchester United and both Sheffield Wednesday and Sheffield United.
Former Sheffield Wednesday first team player Gavin Bailey has successfully run his Qualitas Sport academy in Derbyshire for over a year and is expanding.
Technical, tactical, physical and psychological benefits are at the core of the programme which even offers its own counselling psychologist.
The Qualitas model has provided a link between grass roots football, national academies and development centres and given a major boost to  game in the Derbyshire area.
Key training staff include former Sheffield Wednesday Player Craig Ludlam, former Scunthorpe Academy player and apprentice Ashley Jackson, former Chesterfield player Jonathan Pickess and non league player Richard Lake.
Other coaches working for the organisation include a number of graduates from Sheffield Hallam University who bring additional expertise in terms of the latest sport knowledge
Gavin Bailey said: "Qualitas is all about producing high quality players that are both talented on the field but have the life skills to handle the pressure of the modern game.
"I know from my own experience as a young Sheffield Wednesday player what a shock it was to be suddenly playing alongside major stars like Chris Waddle and Des Walker. Though I had the talent, I was not emotionally ready for such an elevation in my status and the expectation demanded by professional clubs. We want to bridge that gap.
"Qualitas Sport is a young, innovative team that provides a fresh and exciting new approach to sports education and literacy. Our creative, engaging tailored programs are able to build confidence, self-esteem whilst developing knowledge, skill and understanding to affect significant personal transitions."
Dr Rebecca Trikic, Counselling Psychologist, said: "Qualitas value the contribution of psychology as they appreciate the importance of young players understanding themselves, respecting others, and growing to be confident individuals."
Qualitas trial dates:
Coaching Surface at all venues is on 3G
1st June
Ages U7 to U15’s
Monday evenings:
King Edwards School, 6:00pm – 7:30pm.
Darwin Lane, Sheffield S10 5RG.
3rd June
Ages U7 to U15’s
Wednesday evenings:
Henry Fanshawe School, 6:00pm – 7:30pm
Green Lane, Dronfield, Derbyshire S18 2FZ.
6th June
Ages U7’s to U11’s
Saturday mornings:
Henry Fanshawe School, 9:00am – 10:30am
Green Lane, Dronfield, Derbyshire S18 2FZ
Ages U12’s to U15’s
Saturday mornings:
Henry Fanshawe School, 10:30am – 12:00pm
Green Lane, Dronfield, Derbyshire S18 2FZ
•   Cost will be a skill session charge of £5
•   All Trilaists will be training with actual scholars
•   Each child would need to book a place by emailing admin@qualitassport.co.uk
Qualitas already operates in a growing number of schools in Derbyshire and is on the lookout for more.
More information from www.qualitassport.co.uk

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk