Author Topic: Chesterfield referendum - would you vote yes or no?  (Read 1331 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Chesterfield referendum - would you vote yes or no?
« on: June 10, 2017, 08:59:02 PM »
We have a Chesterfield referendum over Sheffield City Region plan coming up - more voting!
I was told Sheffield has the money   (reading the full story in the link below it doesn't back that up! ) - we don't but is it a good idea?
I'm not sure I would vote yes to it!!!

People living in Chesterfield are being urged to take part in a referendum to send out a clear message about whether local residents want to become part of Sheffield City Region and have some key decisions made by a Sheffield City Region Mayor.

The referendum is being staged by Derbyshire County Council which is opposed to Sheffield City Region Combined Authority's proposed expansion into Chesterfield - which would mean powers for key services in the town being handed to a Sheffield City Region Mayor.

More than 5000 people said "No" to the plans in an online poll held by the county council last year.

And now it is holding an official vote to give residents the chance to have their say by answering a simple "yes" or "no" to show whether they support the plans.

Everyone who is over 18, living in Chesterfield and on the electoral roll will receive an official ballot paper delivered to their home address from 21 June 2017.

http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/council/news_events/news-updates/2017/june/news_items/chesterfield_referendum_over_sheffield_city_region_plans.asp
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 09:03:37 PM by Old Cruser »
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Chesterfield referendum - would you vote yes or no?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 10:16:46 PM »
Personally I think it's a waste of time and money. CBC will still do as they wish.
DCC have already tried court proceedings against then aint they, but that drew a blank ?
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Chesterfield referendum - would you vote yes or no?
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 08:41:26 AM »
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk