Author Topic: Jail term  (Read 978 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Jail term
« on: January 12, 2019, 09:15:17 PM »
A proposition has been put forward to basically abolish prison terms of 6 months or less, someone even suggesting it could be stretched to 12 months.
Mr. Stewart {prisons minister} says "If you bring someone in for just a few weeks they lose their house their job their family their reputation
WELL WHO'S FAULTS THAT???
Apparently the voice for the Howard league for Penal reform Frances Crook {how apt!} says "WE should not be using prisons for these people" {drug addicts}

Yes prisons are overcrowded and this scheme would no doubt help, apparently in 2017 approximately 86,000 offenders went to jail for 6 months or less cluttering up the penal system, a system that has been starved of resources for years and is grossly understaffed and the vast majority of prisons are over 100 years old, I personally don't care about the state of the prisons, it's not a Travellodge. Can you just imagine 86,000 offenders who should be locked up "loose" on our streets.

The solution is simple firstly INCREASE the sentences.
The second is adopt the 3 strikes and your out policy {habitual criminals would get life no chance of parole}
The third is pay the USA to build two humongous prisons for us in the Arizona desert, they man it and we send a few million every year towards the upkeep. Send all our lifers there, send all those serving more than 5 to 10 years {with no living relatives} there and send any "Mr. Bigs" there so they can't terrorise other inmates.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Alsatian

• View Profile
Re: Jail term
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 08:01:19 AM »
I agree 100% with you there, in fact you'd get my vote if you applied to be the prisons minister!

If the propositions went ahead there'd be no incentive not to commit petty crimes, as you'd be almost certain to get away with it scot free.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 01:47:26 AM »
if you work for chesterfield borough council as pavements security you can get away with serous crimes such as assault and batery and criminal breaches of the data protection act and i have documentary and cctv evidence which proves it, so lets get rid of the criminals loose in our of our shopping centers as well, as long as a drug addict does not use crime to fund his addiction let them get on with it, the so called war on drugs is a lost cause, all it seems to do is push the drug takers into the hands of criminals which usually results into them becoming criminals themselves, i think this minister may have realised the battle is lost.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 12:18:09 PM »
Jail terms.....You be the judge!

Ronnie Biggs....One of the gang in the Great train robbery{1963} received 30 years for his part. He escaped after serving just 2 years, in 1965 and ended up in Brazil. All the time there he was basically untouchable, although strenuously denied, by his family, he came back to Britain {2001} to receive much needed medical care, something he couldn't afford in Brazil and still had 28 years of his sentence left to serve, he was released from prison 2009, he died in 2013. He'd served approximately one third of his original sentence.

Frank Freshwaters....Had been on the "run" for 56 years after escaping from Shawshank prison in 1959. He gave himself a new identity, paid taxes and basically kept a low profile all those years. He had escaped whilst he was serving just 2 year sentence for a parole violation concerning a manslaughter case in which he was a suspect {but apparently never charged with}. Apparently he served just a few months after being re arrested and being in poor health his son offered to take him in and look after him.

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk