Author Topic: 'OUT' of Europe  (Read 6179 times)

who can tell

• View Profile
Re: 'OUT' of Europe
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2016, 02:20:31 PM »
If this EU referendum is nothing more than a political game it is a very dangerous game to play. People will not trust or believe any MP again theirs a real danger people will refuse to vote again on anything or elections, Britain will look a real fool on the international politics stage no country in Europe or the rest of the world will trust us how can they? Merkel is wanting to push on but is held back by Cameron again damaging relations with Europe even more. Has any political leader thought that this referendum though or is this been simply a Boris and Dave bitter rivalry that seems from their Eaton days?
Ex Newbold ex Arbourthorne, Sheffield now sunny Dronfield.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2016, 04:43:03 PM »
It's not doing Jeremy Corbyn any favours either is it. They want him out - his own party members and he says he's not budging.
How he got in there in the first place I don't know as it was obvious he would never be much good.

The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2016, 07:33:38 PM »
Cameron has accepted the situation for what its for and will help deal with our negotiations of of the EU.Invoking Article 50 may come some time after a new Tory leader who will have a very tough job - let's face it Cameron doesn't want to see it through - he can see the pitfalls ahead.Whoever takes that on will be a brave man.
Labour is collapsing as we speak with no confidence in Corbyn - our own Toby has resigned.
Farage claims that Ukip could be the "new" Labour Party. I can't see that happening. Ukip hasn't got that much support despite Mr Farage's eloquence and undoubted success in persuading people to vote against Remain, yet at odds with Boris & co.
I just hope all parties pull together on this one because its paramount in terms of our future - minus the shackles of the EU - which we are still in of course, but Camerons "deals" earlier are now null & void.
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

who can tell

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2016, 07:50:10 PM »
What a tangled web of lies and broken dreams we have. My own feelings on this referendum it was toxic right from the start the fall out has started it has turned people against one another who ever ends up been the Prime Minster will not have it easy its no win situation . Labour is tearing itself apart and its good captain Jemery is set go down with his ship. Cameron will be laughing all the way to bank the counties problems are no longer his worries and be able to watch the drama unfold as Boris his old rival carries the can on failing to deliver the dream of Britexit . I can see old wounds reopen on subjects like Ulster endangering the peace their and Scotland going in circles on independence with SNP losing support as the Scots get tired of it all. IV never like Cameron  but I give him this he knows what hes doing he has fallen from power yes but he got one on Boris !

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2016, 08:32:48 PM »
Has the new Tory leader already been chosen?
Listening to Camerons speech I was sure he said 'he' in referral to his successor? Or are there no female contenders for his job?

I have to disagree with you on the fact that Jermey Corbyn is a 'good Captain' WCT.
I reckon he is weak, can't remember what he's supposed to be saying and carries little conviction when he does say anything.
Actually when I ponder on this - the strongest he has been is now - as he tries to keep his job!

who can tell

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 10:04:38 PM »
Will Britain leave the EU ? - no . No one will want to trigger article 50 no one wants to take the rap for when it all goes wrong on the trading negotiations. The question should be why did Cameron want a referendum he could have won the 2015 General Election as Labour didn't have much support and the City of London was not keen on Ed Milliband and remain Prime Minster until 2020? The answer could be he wanted to challenge UKIP and Eurospetics in his own party on the EU he really thought that by holding a referendum he would silence them for good he could claim the people supported the EU and their views on Europe were unfounded clearly the vote showed otherwise. He took a gamble and lost in one sense but in another  he's won as no one wants to make that speech and rock the markets further, Britex won yes but its turning into a hollow victory which I've said before will damage the electorates views on our political system. As for Corbyn my comment was based on the fact he's going down with his ship his leadership is ending as his party have realised they will never win any seats with him as leader it seems despite been a left wing party they want a right wing leader which they hope will appeal to the middle class voter which is at odds with what Labour party members voted for in 2015 its a paradox of politics .

redadmiral

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2016, 01:39:54 PM »
Engine Driver is absolutely bang on! Perhaps we need to have another try to see the electorate can get it right.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2016, 07:48:43 PM »
Engine Driver is absolutely bang on! Perhaps we need to have another try to see the electorate can get it right.

What makes you think they got it wrong?

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2016, 08:08:39 PM »
Best of three perhaps :)) :))
We've moved on - the Pound is stabilising as well as the FTSE.
p.s we have not left yet ::)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2016, 08:10:45 PM »
Best of three perhaps :)) :))
We've moved on - the Pound is stabilising as well as the FTSE.
p.s we have not left yet ::)

No - neither has Jeremy Corbyn lol

Engine Driver

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2016, 11:24:26 PM »
Just as a point of interest I voted LEAVE! :) I would still vote LEAVE if we have another go! I just don't think that it will happen though :(
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2016, 08:37:50 AM »
Agree with you engine driver ( I am Train  ;) )

What's the point in voting again - have many changed their minds on this?

We suffered all the un-truths by both sides but did any of them tell us both parties would be in disarray? - and Farage - he's a bloody embarrassment to the UK - spouting off in the EU yesterday, he's so unprofessional!
Whilst I'm not a Cameron fan he can and does remain professional. 

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2016, 05:25:02 PM »
Agree with you engine driver ( I am Train  ;) )

BAAAAA  BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA    :)) 8) :P
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2016, 07:15:09 PM »
BAAAAA  BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA    :)) 8) :P

:)) Yes exactly - you do it so well fly  ;)

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2016, 08:10:44 PM »
If it wasn't for Farage there would have been no referendum!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk