Author Topic: Scottish Independence  (Read 649 times)

who can tell

• View Profile
Scottish Independence
« on: June 25, 2016, 11:30:27 PM »
With England voting for Britex many in Scotland wanted to remain in the EU in hope that it could lead to a independent Scotland. I'm part Scot myself my family have roots in Edinburgh and the Highlands the question of independence runs though my mind , would Scotland survive on its own , can the SNP deliver a deal with the EU to ensure economic growth? On the last vote the oil industry was doing well and much was made of this but after the vote the price of oil fell and the SNP promise of ensuring booming economy though oil looked died in the water. Scotland was hit hard in the Thatcher years many famous shipping yards on the Clyde closed forever many which employed generations of the same family were out of a job many didn't find new employment. Glasgow has the lowest life expectancy in the UK as provety levels are higher than normal UK rate . Can a independent Scotland fund a free health service its questions like this need to be ask before a pencil mark is placed on the ballot paper. My heart wishes to see a independent Scotland but my mind needs answers but such questions are seldom answered by our MPs truthfully.
Ex Newbold ex Arbourthorne, Sheffield now sunny Dronfield.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk