Author Topic: Toys from a bygone age  (Read 1978 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
Toys from a bygone age
« on: December 01, 2018, 08:05:32 PM »
Here's a few of the toys I had when I was a kid, why not upload those you remember?
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Alsatian

• View Profile
Re: Toys from a bygone age
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 08:07:26 PM »
Hornby dublo, mine was the Princess Elizabeth steam loco.
A nice set, but a pain in the ar£e to keep setting up and dismantling every time!
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 08:09:08 PM »
Minic motorway set, now this was my favourite as I was (and still am!) mad keen on road transport.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 08:10:45 PM »
Bayko building set, nowadays it'd be banned on H&S reasons as the vertical metal spikes could take your eye out!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 08:11:13 PM »
I loved this motorised bit for my Lego set  :)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 08:12:41 PM »
Meccano, I've always liked building and dismantling things. I remember my Mum telling me off for unscrewing the handle off her mangle and it coming off in her hand!

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 08:13:32 PM »
I loved this motorised bit for my Lego set  :)

Posh git!  >;

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 08:17:40 PM »
Corgi Austin A60 driving instructors car, I always preferred Corgi to Dinky, as I thought they were better finished (eg 'glass' windows and jewelled headlights), you 'steered' this one with the 'wheel' on the roof.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2018, 08:28:08 PM »
OK, so how many of you are playing the jingle in your head?!

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2018, 08:29:28 PM »
One of my few Dinky toys

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2018, 08:34:03 PM »
From my much younger childhood!

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2018, 08:55:43 PM »
Woolworths Jacko monkey

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2018, 09:23:12 PM »
Posh git!  >;

You're kidding !!
Looking back now I realise mum and dad went through some hard times.
Here's the Invisible Man vehicles I got for my birthday and the action man deserter I got the following christmas.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2018, 09:25:01 PM »
From my much younger childhood!

Wow.. as you say Alsatian health and safety would have a field day.
MOBO if memory serves, you pressed down with both your feet and it "lurched" forward all of 6 inches, well that one we had did. Some of our relatives were moving {in the 50's} so gave us a load of used toys as they couldn't take them with them. Some of those edges on some of the toys would take your finger ends off if you didn't watch out.

I found a guy on you tube, in I think Australia, that restores old "Dinky" type vehicles, although very fascinating to see the end result I can't but imagine he doesn't get out much.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2018, 09:35:04 PM »
My first two wheeler bike, note the absence of any gears! Damned hard work cycling uphill!

I had a job as a paper lad 10 Bob a week (50p in this new fangled money!) and was saving up to get a drop handlebar Sun 5 speed bike from Armisteads on Corporation Street. Unfortunately I left school before I managed to save enough.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk