Author Topic: The LibDem weed obsession !  (Read 1785 times)

Tarzan

• View Profile
The LibDem weed obsession !
« on: August 01, 2017, 07:09:22 PM »
And i'm not talking the wackybaccy stuff the LibDems wanted to legalise !   :))

It's been a good few weeks now since the elections, but for some reason i'm still getting LibDem leaflets shoved through my door every few days, about 2 leaflets a week on average ! .... Has no one told the LibDems that the elections are done with for the time being ? :-?
All of these leaflets feature Keith Falconer ( who i believe was once a councillor, but no more) who likes to have his photograph taken with weeds & then has leaflets printed to complain that the council has not exterminated them.

In an ideal world the council would normally spray the weeds, but i'm sure that there are more important issues to deal with, & if there was a weed outside my house on the pavement & if it bothered me that much.. i would deal with it myself !

Also... who is paying for all of these pointless leaflets ?

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: The LibDem weed obsession !
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 08:11:57 AM »
I'm missing out living in Bolsover. Not had any leaflets  >:(
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 08:29:08 AM »
We haven't had any since the elections - just delivering the Focus 'Thank Leaflets at the moment.

Which area do you live Tarzan?
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Tarzan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 05:34:16 PM »

Which area do you live Tarzan?

My electoral area is Holmebrook ward, Chesterfield.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 09:45:25 AM »
My electoral area is Holmebrook ward, Chesterfield.

By Election?

kromercap

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 01:44:31 PM »
Well, what do you know? We finally got one of the famous "weed" leaflets, after all this time. Despite the fact that nearly all the photos were taken within half a mile of our house, and two of them are on our street!

Personally, I've got no time at all for the LibDem's particular flavour of politics, but always thought that Falconer was a pretty decent bloke, and seemed to have his constituents interest at heart, rather than just his own political career.

Now that he has to describe himself as "local resident" rather than "Councillor" I thought his chances of getting the Borough to do anything at all would be pretty slim.

Strange to report then, that the day after the leaflet arrived, so did a young lady on a balloon-wheeled quad bike with a big tank on the back, raining down chemical death upon the errant vegetation.

Might just be a co-incidence, of course...  ;)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 02:11:41 PM »
Whilst I'm not going to use this forum for a political Platform my own opinion is 'each to their own' when it comes to political Parties.
I can't comment on your 'weed' leaflets as we haven't had or delivered any.

What I will tell you is that during the last couple of weeks I have been out and taken photo's to back up complaints of residents to me regarding issues in our area.
These are sent to the relevant department with the residents complaint.
However this is all we can do as the Dept has the final say as to whether it will be done!

Personally my own interest is purely with our village and to support in anyway I/we can with issues they may have.

The big boys in London can fight it out between themselves.

People not Politics   ;)

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 02:47:45 PM »
Strange to report then, that the day after the leaflet arrived, so did a young lady on a balloon-wheeled quad bike with a big tank on the back, raining down chemical death upon the errant vegetation.
Was sat at the lights by the Olde House last Thursday on the way back from Barlow and saw 4 of them in convoy come up Loundsley Green Road then dive up Bowness Road. There was no spraying going off at that time but they were in a hurry to get somewhere!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk