Author Topic: Chesterfield OzBoxer strikes gold  (Read 993 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Chesterfield OzBoxer strikes gold
« on: December 19, 2013, 01:25:47 PM »
Well done to Jade  :)

I used to enjoy watching the Henry Cooper boxing matches for the youngsters but think it must ahve finished now as not seen it around for a few years.

I think it's maybe seen as a dangerous sport for the younger men/women.

One of my brothers  used to Box and we used to follow him on his matches.

I still enjoy watching the odd match on TV though

18 December 2013

Jade Ashmore won the 54kg junior class at the event which took place in Brentwood, Essex on Saturday, December 14.

Jade, who regularly trains with Derbyshire Constabulary's OzBox team in Chesterfield, beat Kennedy Atkins from Liverpool.

She said:

I'm one of only three female boxers at my club, so it feels absolutely fantastic to represent them and win.
Police officers Darren Comins and Lee Oldham, who also run OzBox sessions, have worked with Jade and both received a 'Champions Coach Medal' at the Essex finals.

PC Lee Oldham said:

Jade has worked relentlessly on perfecting her boxing skills in preparation for the final and more notably Jade has managed to balance her boxing training whilst undergoing her mock GCSEs. We are very proud of her achievements.
OZBOX was set up in Chesterfield in 2003, by Steve Osbaldeston MBE, to encourage young people to keep fit and lead healthy lifestyles to help stop them getting involved in anti-social behaviour and crime.

The scheme involves sessions of non-contact boxing and fitness training that are free to youngsters aged 11 to 19-years-old.

All the equipment is provided and the sessions are free for young people of all backgrounds and cultures to attend.

The scheme is jointly funded by Derbyshire police, Derbyshire County Council, Derby City Council and the Big Lottery Fund.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk