Author Topic: Shower Warning  (Read 1413 times)

Umpire

• View Profile
Shower Warning
« on: February 04, 2017, 07:39:31 PM »
A week  ago today my daughter who lives  alone in Nottingham slipped in the shower and realised straight away something was seriously wrong.Somehow she managed to get out of the bath and get some clothes on.She then got the ambulance to Queens Med and after a long and painful wait  she was told she had fractured her  shoulder and  after being given pain relief was told to return on Monday to see the consultant.
On the day she was told it needed plating and to ring up at 6am on Tuesday to  see if she was on the list for the op.She wasn't.She rang Wednesday at 6am and was told she was and be there for 7.30.On arrival  was told she was second on the list.At 3pm told op was cancelled- no reason given.The taxi fare is £15 each way so after complaining that she could  keep paying these amounts they paid her taxi  fare home and the return fare on Thursday.Finally they did it and she has come home on Friday to be looked after by Mum and Dad.
She will be off work about three months(does not get paid apart from sick pay) so it will have been a costly slip.
The motto is beware of taking a shower.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Shower Warning
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 07:47:52 PM »
And here's me complaining about a raging sore throat  :-X
There's always someone worse off than yourself  (y)

Best wishes to your daughter and a speedy recovery  :)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 09:02:23 PM »
Thanks Fly .She has already started her exercises.As I have told her  no pain no gain.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 05:55:18 PM »
I always use shower mats bought from Boots.
They are pretty solid once down.

Sorry to hear about your daughters fall though and that wait was terrible wasn't it!!

Pleased it's done now and sure she will be on the mend soon x
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 07:54:21 PM »
Thanks for that OC.We have already put one down for when she goes home and her brother has turned up today with one.We are going to get one as we are no spring chickens and it can happen to anybody.
Her arm is black and blue  and swollen right down to her fingers and we panicked a bit last night but after looking on the internet it said that is what to  expect with the fracture she has.
Phew.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 01:26:42 PM »
So now you have two slip mats - always come in handy Umpire.
Like you we are getting older now ( only our bodies though - not in our heads  ;) )

My hubby slipped getting 'out' of the bath - no slip mat as they are generally associated with showering.
He fell so hard he loosened the metal Grab Rail on the bath - yes he injured himself but not as drastic as your daughter did.
He was lucky. we had to have the grab rail repaired !!

Hoping your daughter has a speedy recovery with no lasting effects x
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk