Author Topic: Council Leader Democracy In Chesterfield Does Not Exist  (Read 5690 times)

hifimad

• View Profile
Council Leader Democracy In Chesterfield Does Not Exist
« on: April 27, 2018, 06:16:51 PM »
Yes it is official democracy in our town is dead and buried, if you have read my other posts you will know I have been trying for some time now to get answers from Chesterfield Borough Council as a result of numerous connected acts of criminality perpetrated  by Council employees against my family and myself.
In my last post I wrote to the leader of the Council asking for answers to a number of very simple questions which I have put to the Council on numerous occasions, questions which they have refused to respond  to or even acknowledge.
The leader of the Council has flatly refused to answer  my post or the emails I have sent her including emailing the open letter in its entirety as posted on the forum, the fact that the leader of the council has refused to engage with me on this matter shows unequivocally that this Labour Council does not practice or believe in democracy or the democratic process itself.
And in case there is any doubt, the following statements are from a High Court judge and a leading academic in politics and this is what they say.
 Alan Dershowitz, a prominent Constitutional Law scholar, declares that “accountability is an essential element in a democracy. Hypocrisy has no place.”
“Transparency in government is a vital interest in a democracy”, says Merrick Garland, Chief Judge
The conclusion from the sayings of these two learned gentlemen is that democracy without accountability and without transparency is hypocrisy.
Aaccountability is government’s answerability and account-giving to parliament and to the electorate. Where there is good governance, accountability is government’s shouldering of responsibility. It is government’s obligation to account for its activities, accept responsibility for them and disclose the results in a transparent manner. Transparency is a right and the means to examine the process of  its actions and decision making. It is a way of holding public officials accountable, thus it is also a medium to fight corruption.
Good governance mainly depends on accountability and transparency without which there is no real democracy. Accountability and transparency go hand in hand. Without transparency there is no accountability and vice versa, thus making the very claim of being democratic a SHAM.
The above clearly applies to governments of any sort including local government, the lack of adherance to the above principles by  members of any so called democratic institution clearly shows beyond doubt that not only does the said institution no longer practice democratic accountability it also shows that that institution does not truly beleive in democracy or the practice of the democratic process itself, also it is a tenant of our democracy that there is no taxation without accountability so why are we paying Council Tax when this Labour Council has clearly shown accountability as being non existant.
In conclusion once a year the council sends out forms requiring housholds to register to vote, my contention is, as there is no democracy there is clearly no point to this form, and as a result i intend to consign mine to the bin where it can keep democracy (consigned there by Chesterfield Borough Council) company. My father now deceased, was a miner all his life and he always impressed on me the need to vote and told me people have suffered and even died to ensure of everybodys right to vote, and for the past forty five years i have followed his advice religiously and voted in every referendum and govenment election including local elections, and all that is left to say is, sorry DAD you could not have been more wrong, the process you beleived in and the democratic principles of the Labour Party which you misplaced your faith in all your life are long dead, and to both my father and the democracy he so passionately beleived in i say you are both sadly missed.
 REST IN PEACE.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Council Leader Democracy In Chesterfield Does Not Exist
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 09:00:55 PM »
If you are not happy with the Labour Party of Chesterfield don't waste your vote by throwing your form away - vote for another Party!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 12:43:32 AM »
If you are not happy with the Labour Party of Chesterfield don't waste your vote by throwing your form away - vote for another Party!
and vote for the torys i would sooner sh*t in my hands and clap, or maybe the liberals, my view on the liberals is that in 2012 they made a written contract not to do something yet still went ahead and did it, i look on this as like buyiing a commodity, the store takes my money and tells me it will do a number of jobs for me, on getting it home i find it will not do as promised as a result i am entitled to get my money back because of breech of contract, in the same way the liberals sold us something and we paid with our vote they breeched their contract with the electorate which means they should not have been allowed into government as they breeched their contract which means those votes should have been returned to the electorate the same way as money is returned to buyers, so the buyer can the use his money/vote to shop/vote elswhere, simple contract law. to sum up my choice is vote for, A,  a bunch of totalitarian abusive liars, B, a party who are only interested in making the rich richer at the expense of the poor, C, a party who enter into a contract with voters and prove to be con men with no moral principles at all. in my mind that leaves me at square one the bin it is then.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 03:59:06 PM »
 :)) no point in posting about it then. ::)

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 04:14:09 PM »
:)) no point in posting about it then. ::)
Of course there is as it may shame the relevent parties to implement democracy and to remember what it was to be open an honest and accountable to the electorate they now pretend to represent, i can remember a time when Labour  MPs and Councillors would fight wrongdoing and injustice wherever it came from, what we seem to have now is a bunch of lickspittles to the executive who will rubber stamp any action by the executive and even go as far as to take orders from them and not the voters who put them where they are be it in Parliament or at the council.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 12:11:09 PM »
Maybe sign up to one of the party's and get out there to make a difference then.  (y)

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 04:11:51 PM »
i thought it was the political parties job to make a difference to peoples lives for the better, that is what i bought when they got my vote, i used to be a member of a political party until i found out that if you put anything forward to the executive comitee that they did not like you would just be shouted down by the committee and its small clique of comittee supporters, the only reason the party wanted the majority input was to knock on doors and deliver leaflets so the committee and its clique could sit there on their fat arses handing out pronouncements to the minions from on high.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 09:38:49 PM »
 :))oh dear you have had a bad experience haven't you. Just put the form in the bin then. ;)

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2018, 12:43:37 AM »
As i have gone through life i have been witnesses to many injustices as i am sure we all have, however in the last 20 or so years these injustices keep pilling up, we now have a blame the victim culture in this town and country, we have people having to beg on the street yet the politicians tell us not to give them money, we have unemployed people being made destitute by a judgemental benefits system, we have people with disabilities and critical illnesses being told they have nothing wrong with them, we have the institutions who are there to help people openly lying to stop people getting what they are entitled to, we have british people being thrown out of the country they were born in or were asked to come here just for being black, i am tempted to say it is a sh*t country we live in, however it is not the country to blame nor the majority of its people, it is the scumbags in their ivory towers like chesterfield borough council and parliament who lord it over us lesser mortals simply for their own self promotion at the expense of every on else, and yes if i see a person who needs a meal i do give them some money it may only be a couple of quid but at least i try, and before some self important selfish little git tells me they will only spend it on booze or drugs, well if thats the only tiny bit of pleasure they can get in their crap lives then so be it.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 07:29:41 PM »
I suspect there is a lot of corruption in Politics but the answer is not to roll over but to fight by using our vote. It's the only weapon we have.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018, 09:05:31 PM »
By not using your vote, you lose the right to voice your likes/dislikes about current political issues. That's the way I see it.

Even if I have grievances with the party I vote for, at least I can still slag them and the others  C:-)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2018, 01:34:51 AM »
By not using your vote, you lose the right to voice your likes/dislikes about current political issues. That's the way I see it.

Even if I have grievances with the party I vote for, at least I can still slag them and the others  C:-)
i understand your point however if you follow this to its logical conlusion that would mean that if i did not vote for a tory government then i cannot say anything negative about them, if you make an educated choice not to use your vote it is merely an abstention which MPS do in Parliament quite often, this does not remove their right to comment on any issues, so i take it the same applies to individual voters/non voters. the situation we have here is a political party making the process of voting completely redundant and making a mockery of the democratic process, i would say that if anyone looks at this travesty and decides that it is clear to them that voting is pointless then that is a positive act and not a negative one.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2018, 07:47:46 AM »
that would mean that if i did not vote for a tory government then i cannot say anything negative about them
I didn't say that. I said if you 'didn't vote' for 'any' party then don't complain.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2018, 12:59:53 PM »
i know where you are coming from, i did vote and i voted Labour, and look where its got not just me but the rest of the electorate, i myself have never subscribed to the view that if you do not vote you have no right to comment in a democracy an abstention is as valid as a positive vote, however up until recently I always believed that voting should be compulsory with one caveat there should be a section on the voting form where you can vote for NONE with a comments section for you to voluntary explain the reasons for this negative vote, that way any abstentions would be recorded as such and not put down to voter apathy, i am also sure both you and I know the politicians would never do this as i suspect there would be more votes for NONE than any political party

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2018, 01:53:34 AM »
So - how would you repeal the system - bearing in mind this is not just Chesterfield?
A NONE vote as a protest does not work - your voice is not heard one way or another.
If the system of council elections does not fit your choice - try & change it - plenty of petitions you can instigate to Government - I'm sure you are aware of them.
You have not mentioned a specific in terms of what changes should be made or suggested otherwise, and as such I can't help you otherwise in your lack of going further on this point.
Although eloquently worded - I think you will find this is the way the system works and it won't change for a long time yet.
If you don't vote - there is no change - Simple!
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk