Author Topic: 'Big Brother', 2 faced turn around by Gov.  (Read 5147 times)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
Re: 'Big Brother', 2 faced turn around by Gov.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 07:36:44 PM »
Or is it just Daily Mail spiel  :o

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2123512/New-snooping-law-allow-Government-access-everybodys-emails-texts-internet-browsing.html?ITO=google_news_rss_feed
Cant wait to send the first text or e-mail with the word "bomb" and see what happens.
What a cool day to get a day off work.Spend 24 hours being interrogated.
Serioulsly though, It's an intrusion on your own way of life knowing someone is monitoring every word.
Nothing to worry about if you are not doing anything wrong I suppose.
Is this going to create tens of thousands of jobs? They will need people who can speak/decipher every cultural language in this country. Hows that going to work? Only foreign speaking peoples may apply - in which case, if its the foreign terrorist threat they are worried about........DOH!
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Big Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 07:37:21 PM »
It's on all the news websites. From the comments I've read a lot of people didn't believe it as it was released on April 1st but it's true, apparently.

the question I ask is this: if this is in the public interest, why did the government release it on the one day in the year when people might consider it a spoof? And on a Sunday too - anyone would think they were trying to bury it...

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 07:42:33 PM »
Fuel, now this. What else is going on we aren't taking notice of !!

Wasn't it said a few weeks ago, gov, never release new proposals on a Sunday.
Just what is going on ?
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 08:28:21 PM »
I don't understand in the first place why the Govt has "announced" it. If its going to do it, then just get on with it.
Why tell people - defeats the object from a secrecy point of view.
I'm sure all the other countries around the globe who already monitor texts, e-mails etc didn't announce it.
Surely, there is already an element of this going on in our country anyway. I can't prove it, but I bet it happens.
It could of course be an idle threat - they are telling people they are going to snoop on texts,e-mails, phone conversations,etc., but cant afford to set all the infrastructure up to do this, and by the time they can, they will be a shadow govt anyway.
Best test is to see how 2012 Olympics go. Any related incidents etc - maybe why this issue has been "released" in the first place - try to frighten off extremists from doing anything untoward.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 08:42:39 PM »
Here's a starter. Cameron, Bo**ocks.
I'll expext the gestapo at the door in the morning. They already know my address.
I own this website URL  8)
Shouldn't take much of an idiot more than 30 secs to find it.

Sh1t, was this post illegal in the USA, I don't want extraditing.

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 09:56:27 PM »
Here's a starter. Cameron, Bo**ocks.
I'll expext the gestapo at the door in the morning. They already know my address.
I own this website URL  8)
Shouldn't take much of an idiot more than 30 secs to find it.

Sh1t, was this post illegal in the USA, I don't want extraditing.
Could not agree more.
Cameron,Milliband- utter wet fart brigade.
Come on Plod, break my door down.
I wont hold my breath......

Big Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 07:02:01 AM »
It's interesting to read the comments of the then shadow cabinet when Labour tried to introduce similar legislation - the then shadow home secretary said the Labour government had  "built a culture of surveillance which goes far beyond counter-terrorism and serious crime"

But surprise, surprise - it's suddenly OK now that the Tories want to do the same.....

Duplicitous, devious and deceitful - that's the Tory party summed up in three words!

Stuart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 07:13:43 AM »
I wonder how the nation might react if they proposed to intercept and open every letter that is sent in the UK? It seems like just the same thing, to me.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 07:14:11 AM by Stuart »

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2012, 12:38:21 PM »
I can understand why they would want to do this - if it's true. If it's not I consider it in poor taste - no one is laughing.
Having said that i don't consider 'anyone' has the right to look at my private emails without a really good reason and I would want to know about it.  >:(
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Big Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2012, 04:14:55 PM »
As I understand it, GCHQ already keeps an eye on who contacts whom and not (initially at least) the content of the message. I very much doubt they'll be reading every e-mail from everyone who is on-line. I would guess they have the means to flag up key words e.g assassinate, Cameron, bomb; then read the whole message and pay closer attention to those who sent and received it.

Apparently in the past a warrant has been required but won't be in the future.

Hang on...... men in balaclavas have appeared at my window....

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2012, 04:54:58 PM »
Funny how politicians promise one thing then do the exact opposite...

In 2009 the Cons promised to "reverse the rise of the surveillance state" by outlining plans for fewer giant government databases and stronger powers to protect personal privacy."

http://bit.ly/mJ0xK

What a bunch of lying gits  >:(
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2012, 05:19:55 PM »
Funny how politicians promise one thing then do the exact opposite...

In 2009 the Cons promised to "reverse the rise of the surveillance state" by outlining plans for fewer giant government databases and stronger powers to protect personal privacy."

No they are right, there will  be fewer databases, just one HUGE one holding everything!!!!
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 06:23:07 PM »
As I understand it, GCHQ already keeps an eye on who contacts whom and not (initially at least) the content of the message. I very much doubt they'll be reading every e-mail from everyone who is on-line. I would guess they have the means to flag up key words e.g assassinate, Cameron, bomb; then read the whole message and pay closer attention to those who sent and received it.

Apparently in the past a warrant has been required but won't be in the future.

Hang on...... men in balaclavas have appeared at my window....
I'm buying balaclavas just in case, or maybe a burka, and perhaps become a peaceful islamic, and I'll be OK.Maybe get a pretend hook for my hand, grow a beard, and see what the state can offer me after I give up my job. Nice big council house, don't have to get up at stupid o'clock to go to work, and get everything paid for, because I'm an oppressed majority.
I wonder if this is why first class stamp has gone up to 60p. You dont get many letters shat have been opened before they get to you after all - yet. Surely this is the next logical step - having your postage intercepted and scrutinized before you get it.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2012, 06:24:53 PM »
You could always become a bus/coach driver. Ta for that  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk