Author Topic: Cats the movie  (Read 1563 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Cats the movie
« on: January 02, 2020, 08:29:15 PM »
I believe that first impressions count and my gut instinct very rarely lets me down.
This film has to go down in the annals of history as one of the worst made. NO I haven't seen it, nor will I, I don't need to, I saw the trailers on the box just before it's release and thought "good luck with that then!"
Besides:-
ANYTHING with James Corden in and I refuse to watch it anyway, I think he's S.H.[one]T, that goes for Rebel Wilson too. How do these talentless morons ever get a career in the first place.
Apparently Taylor Swift was in the film {or was she?} allegedly..... it seems a very large proportion of her role was played by a body double and in certain close ups Swifts face was superimposed on the doubles body and for her "participation" in the film Taylor Swift was paid a seven figure sum.

It's just like the Mariah Carey Walkers advert she collected a cool £9 million just to put a crisp to her mouth, but that's more than Nichole Sherzinger did in the Muller ads, the nearest that yogurt got to her mouth was a bit on her nose and no further.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Cats the movie
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 11:39:43 AM »
The Oscars are almost upon us {again}

Followed closely by the Razzie awards {Golden raspberry awards} given for the worst films, the 4 top nominees are:-

Cats...Rambo-last blood...A Madea family funeral...The haunting of Sharon Tate.

Worst supporting actress {among others} Judi Dench...Rebel Wilson
    "          "         actor            "               James Corden

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 12:07:36 PM »
I haven't watched it and won't bother.
I don't like Musicals in any form.

Can't understand why someone would burst into song during a conversation - it bores me silly.
Sorry!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 01:17:50 PM »
I haven't watched it and won't bother.
I don't like Musicals in any form.

Can't understand why someone would burst into song during a conversation - it bores me silly.
Sorry!

I'm not a big musical fan either OC the only musical I do like to watch is Oliver, but even then with the magnificent casting I think the film would have been brilliant if they had played it straight. Each actor chosen slotted into their roles perfectly, and as a non musical it would have been a period thriller and well worth watching.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 10:41:59 AM »
Sorastro I think many of them would make decent plays or movies. Likewise I don't like opera - (cringe).

We enjoyed lunch out during last week and then watched the film 1917. It's ages since we went to the cinema and there were quite a few oldies like us in there. It brought back memories of my grandfather sitting in my kitchen with his coffee telling me about the day their Trench collapsed and they dug frantically to get the men out who were buried. Sadly my grandfathers brother was under it and didn't survive. It must have been awful for such a young lad to deal with - War is never good -

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 01:49:02 AM »
I believe that first impressions count and my gut instinct very rarely lets me down.
This film has to go down in the annals of history as one of the worst made. NO I haven't seen it, nor will I, I don't need to, I saw the trailers on the box just before it's release and thought "good luck with that then!"
Besides:-
ANYTHING with James Corden in and I refuse to watch it anyway, I think he's S.H.[one]T, that goes for Rebel Wilson too. How do these talentless morons ever get a career in the first place.
Apparently Taylor Swift was in the film {or was she?} allegedly..... it seems a very large proportion of her role was played by a body double and in certain close ups Swifts face was superimposed on the doubles body and for her "participation" in the film Taylor Swift was paid a seven figure sum.

It's just like the Mariah Carey Walkers advert she collected a cool £9 million just to put a crisp to her mouth, but that's more than Nichole Sherzinger did in the Muller ads, the nearest that yogurt got to her mouth was a bit on her nose and no further.
Paris Hilton made an entire career out of putting something in her mouth, but i am not sure it was a crisp. ;D

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 12:20:07 PM »
Paris Hilton made an entire career out of putting something in her mouth, but i am not sure it was a crisp. ;D

:)) :)) :)) There you go again  :)) :))

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk