Author Topic: Fairport convention  (Read 1945 times)

emmz

• View Profile
Fairport convention
« on: February 08, 2012, 08:47:44 PM »
who likes them then? Who will be going to see them on Feb 29th??
Hoping that i can mosey on down and have a good time again like i always have done. MIL is quite a big fan of them as is OH so if we can get a sitter then all 3 of us will go if not just me and "im"

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Fairport convention
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 08:53:49 PM »
Where ? lol

By coincidence, they were mentioned on 'The Chase' today.
The guy hadn't heard of them  ::)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 09:41:28 PM »
They have played Winding Wheel many times over the years.

Never seen them but saw former member Richard Thompson last year who was very good.

Other connection is that Sandy Denny played with Fairport and also  my most watched group (Strawbs.) Sadly she died in 1978 after an accident.

emmz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 11:17:06 AM »
oh yea winding wheel sorry forgot to add that part duh. But yes i like them and also same type of music by steeleye span, i like the music as its different,

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 03:44:00 PM »
You should try Strawbs then who sometimes play as 5 piece rock band and other times as 3 piece acoustic. Played Chestefield a few times but nearest this tour is Derby. Some clips on my YouTube (Spywriter)

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 05:22:56 PM »
You should try Strawbs then who sometimes play as 5 piece rock band and other times as 3 piece acoustic. Played Chestefield a few times but nearest this tour is Derby. Some clips on my YouTube (Spywriter)

Glad you mentioned your YouTube Andy.  I'll be looking up The Strawbs.  Thanks for that  :)

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 07:28:40 PM »

Glad you mentioned your YouTube Andy.  I'll be looking up The Strawbs.  Thanks for that  :)

Not looking them up in a state of undress again I trust?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk