Author Topic: NHS Services?  (Read 12287 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: NHS Services?
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2013, 08:29:35 PM »
It is alsatian - never know where we will end up  :-?
It's time they got to grips with this care malarkey, some of  the home care agencies leave a lot to be desired. I know I have high standards but it seems to be one for the children and one for adults - I wish the CQC would get more to grips with it all TBH.  :(
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 04:03:07 PM »
I hate knocking the NHS and its' allied service providers - but - sometimes 'they' deserve it!!!

Mother-in-law is eligible for incontinence pants provided by the NHS, we were told that they would be left in the garage (why the garage?). Anyroads, we weren't leaving the garage unlocked as there is a mobility scooter etc etc in there, so we asked the Mother in Law to give the garage key to the delivery driver so he could put them in there.

Fine - you would think? NO!!

Got there this morning to find a huge cardboard box and plastic bag left ON THE DOORSTEP! This is the only means of exit in the bungalow so what happens if

a) there was a fire in the bungalow - how would Mother in Law get out?

b) Mother in Law tried to move them and fell?

c) Mother in Law didn't see them (she has bad cataracts) and fell over them?

What on earth was the delivery driver thinking of leaving them there? We couldn't call the NHS/Company as there were no contact details on the delivery note (not even a company/department name).

We had a visit from a nurse this afternoon on an unrelated matter and reported the incident to her, she has promised to follow it up.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2013, 04:37:46 PM »
I got my mum some inco pants from nurse she was allowed one trial box and then to order as needed. problem was they were so cumbersome she couldn't manage them. Seems they no longer provide pants because of the price. She ended up buying her own tenna

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2013, 05:52:54 PM »
Update - Mother-in-law took poorly again Tuesday night and called paramedics, they couldn't find anything that warranted a trip to hospital so booked a GP visit on Wednesday. She has chronic heart failure, severe loss of kidney function, anaemia amongst other things, anyway the doctor came and the prognosis is simply palliative care and the outlook is six months maximum.

He decided, due to the constant level of care she needs, to admit her to a nursing home, an ambulance was duly booked and arrived around 4 hours later. The reason it took them so long? It came from Manchester!!!!!!
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2013, 06:03:28 PM »
There was something on the news yesterday about A & E being on the point of collapse - so much for the Tories "NHS is safe in our hands" at the last election.

All you that voted Conservative, shame on you.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2013, 06:05:04 PM »
Where's the nursing home. Rough area location, not expecting you to name it online  ;)
4 hours is taking the mickey.

Hope she gets the care she deserves  :(
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2013, 09:19:06 PM »
Where's the nursing home. Rough area location, not expecting you to name it online  ;)
4 hours is taking the mickey.

Hope she gets the care she deserves  :(

She lives S42 and care home is S42!!!

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2013, 11:43:48 PM »
If there are no ambulances available in an area, and they have to ring around to find one, and the nearest is in Manchester then obviously we need more ambulances. Don't blame the system, blame the politicians that don't give enough funding to it.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2013, 12:54:08 PM »
If there are no ambulances available in an area, and they have to ring around to find one, and the nearest is in Manchester then obviously we need more ambulances. Don't blame the system, blame the politicians that don't give enough funding to it.

I think your sentence should read "Don't blame the system, blame the politicians that don't give a sh1t"

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2013, 09:51:16 AM »
Sorry to hear this Alsatian it's going to be a hard few months for you all  x

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2013, 10:53:36 AM »
Looks like this is set to be another c*ck-up by Hunt and his pals - http://ind.pn/14CLvTN

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2013, 09:27:07 AM »
Now I don't want this to sound like I'm defending the government but here's the dilema.
GP's say they wont prop up the new 111 system because it's failing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-22629703

okay thats fine but correcct me if I am wrong, GP's themselves use to run this service. They did surgeries in the evenings, house calls evenings and weekends and came out in the middle of the night to ill patients if it was necessary.
Now somewhere along the line they decided that they wanted medicine to become 9 to 5 Monday to Friday and that emergency Doctors and an out of hours call centre was the answer. From this has naturally progressed 1-1-1.
So if there is a failing system that GP's wont support......... who created it?
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2013, 09:18:33 PM »
Just when you think you've heard if all about failures of the NHS. Guy I used to live near went to Scotland recently on a coach holiday. He was taking a photograph stepped back a bit too far and fell approx 20 feet on to rocks. He was taken to hospital where he was diagnosed as suffering with bad bruising. He started to make the return journey on the coach but was in too much pain. He was collected by family members in a car and brought back to chesterfield and taken straight to the royal. He's currently in there with several broken ribs and fluid on his lungs. Bruising?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2013, 09:35:16 AM »
Tell me about it JR -
If you remember I had a bad fall last August and was flat boarded to hospital.
Muscularskeletal (is that how it's spelt I can hardly say it lol) I was told given a cocktail of drugs to help me stand and sent home in a wheelchair.
Several months down the line in physio I was told I had broken some ribs as well as the spinal and muscle injuries - I was never xrayed after the fall

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk