Author Topic: eBay!  (Read 1385 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
eBay!
« on: December 05, 2013, 02:23:16 PM »
Daughter bought a cardigan from eBay, described as 'brand new with tags' size 12/14. When it arrived it was barely a size 10!

Seller offered refund but only for item price and original postage, she would have to stand to return costs. Sellers feeback had several negative comments stating 'wrong size sent wouldn't refund return postage'.

Opened a case with eBay and, guess what? They agree that she should have to stand to return costs!!! Absolutely disgusted in eBay, sent them a message stating that perhaps they should check the sellers feedback and see what sort of a seller he is. Also told them that, once again, they are siding with the seller and not the wider membership!

Not cost effective to send the item back and bear the postage costs, due to being a low-cost item, BUT, there is a principle involved.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: eBay!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 06:32:08 PM »
Never used ebay so not sure how it works but that certainly doesn't sound right Alsatian.
Sellers mistake so they should fund all of the cost as far as I am concerned.
Little wonder you are cross.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 07:30:17 PM »
I buy a lot of stuff off Ebay, It's only been a couple of time's I've been 'stung' for want of a word.
I really have lost confidence in Ebay this last few years. They really do seem to favour the seller.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 07:36:43 PM »
I have had problems with Amazon Market Place sellers as the system allows them to remove negative comments and low ratings! It's a joke. I returned an item to a company that I would not have purchased from had I known what their products were really like. I had problems getting back return postage. In the end after much persistence Amazon met the cost.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk