Author Topic: Calendars 2020  (Read 1121 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Calendars 2020
« on: June 15, 2019, 11:23:00 AM »
Having read about the problems for calendar companies over the sudden idea to change one of next years holidays, I can't help but wonder why there has to be so much info on a calendar anyway.
Looking at the calendar I have it gives the phases of the moon, duke of Edinburgh's birthday, all Saints day, fathers day, St. valentines day, St. Patrick's day et al
I basically don't need all that guff on a calendar and I dare say most other people don't, I just need the day and month to write down hospital/dental/optician appointment reminders. If the need wasn't there, to fill calendars with tripe, these calendar companies that have already printed a load of next years calendars with the "mistake" on wouldn't have a problem.
One company was asked "Why don't you just add a note mentioning the mistake?" but they said that they have a certain image to keep and that would not be right, I honestly think they think the Government is going to compensate them for it...good luck with that then!
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Alsatian

• View Profile
Re: Calendars 2020
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 02:17:00 PM »
 Or they could buy a john Bull printing outfit (remember them?) and stamp the words on each and every calendar.

Job done!  >;
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 02:18:32 PM »
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2019, 02:04:32 PM »
Oh yes I remember having one of those, you needed the patience of a saint.

Moving on from calendars another thing I always buy {despite owning a sat nav} is the AA road atlas, I have always carried a map in my vehicles.
My last atlas was the 2016 one so I decided, the other day, to "update" it and got the 2019 one. Even though the atlases are priced at a few quid I have NEVER paid more than a quid for one, both have £7:99 on the cover, I bought the latest for 79p.
 I have checked the new one against the old one and it seems page after page they are identical. The only difference I can find is the new one doesn't have the location of speed cameras where the old one did. So without microscopically checking every page it looks like {apart from motorway widening} no new roads or road upgrades have been done in the past 3 years, big surprise there.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 06:17:50 PM »
 I too have a sat nav and a road atlas and I find it much easier to plan a route using the map than I do with the sat nav (although that may be an age thing).

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 06:28:15 PM »
I'd sooner use google maps and just write down a few junction and road numbers. The sat nav(phone maps) is for when I don't have a clue where I am which thankfully isn't that often (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 03:03:24 PM »
i have a very high tech calander which tells me the days of the month, when the bank holidays are, what programs are on tv, its the only one i use, its a lenovo laptop, as reggards the john bull printing kit i remember that being one of my must have xmas presents one year and fiddely is an understatement, letters not fitting in the plastic grooves properly, fitting letters the wrong way round, over inking the pad and the printer unit were just some of the issues, by todays standards it was a piece of junk, kids today would just laugh at it and rightly so, though it was not the worst present i had, in my 11th year i wanted a phillips radionics electronics kit for xmas and on opening my pillow slip of presents the first item out was a cowboy suit, and on a more thourough inspection various other items but no electronics kit, i packed it all back up stuck it in a corner and never touched it again.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 05:53:25 PM »
I use my phone  ::)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk