Author Topic: National Trust  (Read 982 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
National Trust
« on: January 13, 2019, 12:49:47 PM »
Anybody out there a member?
Daughter down South just became a member and asked us why we don't join were retired plenty of time on our hands so I thought why not!

Had a look at the prices and looks reasonable, and as with virtually everything I look up on line if I'm going to put my hand in my pocket I check up. So I looked up N.T. reviews on Trustpilot, wow.... basically 60% of reviewers gave them a real thumbs down for one thing or another, for every "good" review there's at least six bad ones.
Among the criticisms were, "encouraging" foxhunting, de-forestation, places shut when supposed to be open, surly/ uncooperative staff, extortionate prices for food and drink, poor administration the list goes on.

I will check on other sites {if any} for more reviews but as of this moment it doesn't look like I'll be joining any time soon.

If you are a member and your satisfied please let me know.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: National Trust
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 06:37:49 PM »
My mother bought me and Our_Lass a membership the other year. We made sure we visited as many local(ish) places as possible during the year to make sure we got our(or mums) moneys worth.
I must admit that a small percentage of staff here and there didn't seem as happy with their work as most of the others.

I wonder if the fact that many of the staff are volunteers makes the difference?
https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/volunteering-faqs
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 09:05:00 AM »
We had English Heritage for a while after signing up going into Scarborough Castle and the few times we used it there did seem to be a feeling it was just places that the National Trust didnt want!! They even advertise a place called Hob Hursts House on Beeley Moor as one of their locations....when you get there its a mound of earth with a little fence round it!! We cancelled it a while ago but now actually get it as part of our Barclays account so its handy when we do stumble across somewhere half decent....places like Scarborough Castle and we found one near Luton called Wrest Park i think that was handy for a break driving back from Dover with the little one and the dog whilst coming home from France in the summer.

smithy266

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 02:25:08 PM »
we are members of both NT and English Heritage....we make sure we get our money's worth...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk