Author Topic: Is Chesterfield a drying town?  (Read 1466 times)

White pride

• View Profile
Is Chesterfield a drying town?
« on: July 15, 2017, 11:24:56 PM »
I don't visit the town much but can't help but notice that many business have shut up shop. Here's a list :

Toymaster, D.Perkins, Men's Weekend , Victoria Centre, old Coop on Elder Way, much of the market has gone ,Ann Summers going soon. I remember the town in the 1990s we had Our Price , Hudson's , Under a Tenner, Woolworth's and much more such a shame times change but not for the better. No better than where I live in Nottinghamshire .

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Is Chesterfield a drying town?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 10:56:21 AM »
Welcome to the forum White Pride.

Yes Chesterfield has lost many of it's original shops as have other towns/cities.
It's a sign of our times where people prefer to use the large shopping centre's or shop online.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
Re: Is Chesterfield a drying town?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 04:22:39 PM »
Welcome aboard White Pride :)
Yes - Chesterfield like many other towns is suffering from outlets moving into other areas because of high rents & free parking.
Hopefully - Chesterfield as a market town will survive and obviously there are plans to "develop" parts of the town further.
Some market holders have dissipated so maybe its time to take them off the streets and put them all back to the market place where they belong.
Anyway - I'm rambling ;)
I'll shut up for now :P
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk