Author Topic: Grenfell Tower bonfire prank police over reaction  (Read 2969 times)

hifimad

• View Profile
Grenfell Tower bonfire prank police over reaction
« on: November 06, 2018, 07:21:51 PM »
I have seen on the news a video of a mock up of grenfell tower placed on a bonfire while people in the background can be heard making tasteless comments and laughing, also while someone was pretending to be shouting for help another person can be heard saying just stay where you are, which could be classed as satire.
Whie i consider the idea of people laughing and making jokes about it repellant i hardly think it is a matter for the police, however if it is a matter for the police then i suggest that events that happened in the aftermath of the death of Margaret Thatcher should also be investigated, there were scenes on the tv of mass jubilation, shouts of "maggie maggie maggie dead dead dead", the public burning of an efegy of her, though i personnaly was not offended by any of this, i feel sure there are other people who  were deeply offended including friends and members of her family, i think the public aprobation these morons will deservedly get for their tastless grenfell mock up will suffice,in the meantime let the police get on with sorting out rapes, burglaries, kinfe crime and acid attacks instead of wasting their time with these idiots.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Grenfell Tower bonfire prank police over reaction
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 05:45:51 PM »
I have seen headings on the burning of the Tower block - why was it done, for what reason?
Sorry for my ignorance. I haven't read the write ups!
Totally out of order doing this, ignorant neanderthals, with pea brains and no purpose in life.
If they are not being prosecuted they should be!

Maggie Thatcher, not a fan of hers. Domineering, thoughtless apology for a human being.

I didn't agree with the actions and behaviors of some when she died though. Respect to the people who were unfortunate to be in her family!

At a time when we are remembering the people who fought for us over the years I listen to the news and think what would these men and women think of us now - sometimes I feel so ashamed!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 07:08:25 PM »
not a fan of thatcher myself, as regards the grenfell mock up the people who did it are accused of a public order offence as a result of causing offence and distress, while i agree they have no doubt done this the reactions to thatchers death will have caused equall offence and distress to some people, so if our laws are to at least appear equitable then everybody involved in the thatcher efigy burning should be equally held to account, which should prove interesting as the police will need to arrest the entire poulation of a yorkshire village rather then just the six morons involved in the grenfell mock up.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 12:45:16 PM »
not a fan of thatcher myself, as regards the grenfell mock up the people who did it are accused of a public order offence as a result of causing offence and distress, while i agree they have no doubt done this the reactions to thatchers death will have caused equall offence and distress to some people, so if our laws are to at least appear equitable then everybody involved in the thatcher efigy burning should be equally held to account, which should prove interesting as the police will need to arrest the entire poulation of a yorkshire village rather then just the six morons involved in the grenfell mock up.

Good point hifimad again I suspect it is a different way of looking at things for some.

However Thatcher was a person who gave so much hardship and damaged to so many communities back then but never personally disrespected them - she got away with it in the name of 'Politics'  just as the current Government will get away with putting so many people into so much distress that they committed Suicide but they will get away with it.

The deaths caused by the fire in the Grenfell Tower was a terrible situation and not to be made a mockery of, and disrespect those who died or survived it.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 02:18:14 PM »
Good point hifimad again I suspect it is a different way of looking at things for some.

However Thatcher was a person who gave so much hardship and damaged to so many communities back then but never personally disrespected them - she got away with it in the name of 'Politics'  just as the current Government will get away with putting so many people into so much distress that they committed Suicide but they will get away with it.

The deaths caused by the fire in the Grenfell Tower was a terrible situation and not to be made a mockery of, and disrespect those who died or survived it.
my personal view is that thatcher deserved the celebrations of her death and the people who died at grenfell did not, but in the eyes of the law both are subject to the protection of the law and the law should be applied either equally or not at all.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 07:15:43 PM »
my personal view is that thatcher deserved the celebrations of her death and the people who died at grenfell did not, but in the eyes of the law both are subject to the protection of the law and the law should be applied either equally or not at all.

As an ex miner, I won't say Thatcher 'deserved' anything, but it was to be expected for someone heading and carrying out a campaign to ruin the lives of so many working people. Anyone in a prominent position is going to get abused verbally by the louder community etc.

I have quite a sick sense of  humour at times, but this is something I didn't find funny in the slightest, or share on my Facebook timeline.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 02:23:47 PM »
It was to be expected Fly but didn't make some things right. Respect to her family should have been given by those who went over the top in their hatred of her.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 07:05:30 PM »
I may have clicked the like button to many a thing in the past, it doesn't mean that the things were right.
That's where the unknown line between humour and bad taste lies. It's in a different position to us all.

I've always liked Alsatians jokes, but I remember a previous place where someone didn't.
Keep up the good work Alsation  >;
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2018, 09:03:52 PM »
As this post seems connected to the fireworks post, I heard it mentioned many times {not quite so much now} these people need a good sharp shock, and the two remedies that always seemed to be bandied about was:-
Bring back Borstals and National Service. Maybe not very popular in this day and age but something has to be done.
No... I never did either and from what I heard of borstals they were far from nice places, as for National service I was too young but wanted to join the regular army on leaving school {unfortunately an early mishap in my childhood put paid to that dream}
Apparently one of the reasons for scrapping NS was it was taking a [large] much needed workforce away from industry and this was causing a knock on effect throughout the country, we obviously wouldn't struggle with that now.
Borstals, on the other hand, would probably work better now than they did then.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2018, 09:16:20 PM »
Maybe the bringing back the National Service is a good idea given what it is currently like in the UK.
Borstal - not so sure.
Whilst a don't agree with allowing people who have broken the law to roam free I think the whole of the Prison Service needs a complete re-looking into as does the release of prisoners which lets so many down on release

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2018, 09:32:53 PM »
I may have clicked the like button to many a thing in the past, it doesn't mean that the things were right.
That's where the unknown line between humour and bad taste lies. It's in a different position to us all.

I've always liked Alsatians jokes, but I remember a previous place where someone didn't.
Keep up the good work Alsation  >;

I remember that well also! Yes I intend to carry on!
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2018, 09:55:34 PM »
I remember that well also! Yes I intend to carry on!

Good doggy  :)) ;D

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 01:40:10 AM »
as i recall borstals and the so called short sharp shock have been discredited on the grounds that the these regimes were actually teaching the youngsters how to be better criminals, i also understand that the top brass in the forces are not keen on conscripts as it would water down the professionalism of the type of people the forces take in, also after the criminal element have served their two years, you will be realeasing back into society a far more efficient killing machine, and lets not forget knife crime and violence in young people is not a new phenomena, go back to the 50s and 60s when we had teddy boys walking round with flick knives and cut throat razors, also the level of football violence in the 70s and 80s was out of control, when older people talk obout young people they always pick on the bad behaviour while completely ignoring the fact that the majority of young people are well behaved.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2018, 03:39:39 PM »
I would agree that most young people are well behaved hifimad and I suspect some of today's problems are born from poor parenting.

The internet has taken over and it is easier to sit a child in front of the TV or shove a game console into their mitts.

Back in my fostering days we had children who through no fault of their own struggled to live within a family life.
I found taking the children 'back to basics' of parenting worked.
I always found time for them and we went out to playgrounds, I shinnied them up to the first branch of a tree ( pretty exciting for a child who has never done that). Put wellies on them and went to the river in the village with a fishing net, sarnies and pop in a bag for their lunch.
I frequently took 3 adolescent boys and my daughter to Clumber Park with a picnic packed, swing ball, cricket set and football went with us too.

One rainy school holiday I sat  three lads round the table and we played board games all day - they loved it.

Yes sometimes I needed to tell them off but that was all - it really isn't needed to physically abuse a child for misbehaving.

I might sound old fashioned with the above but I know it worked - as they still come back or keep in touch!

I think the whole system of Prisons need looking into ( in fact I'm speaking to someone in a few days on this very issue )

Signing up - some good points there regarding after their two years but if that is what happens then the object of it isn't working is it and that also needs looking into.
It is intended into men not thugs and give them life skills!!!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2018, 09:51:59 PM »
I do see your point hifimad.......
 But, like Borstals, aren't the prisons of today doing exactly the same thing? at least Borstal inmates were all of a certain age and not picking up more bad habits from habitual " old lags".
Also as regards the army, at this point in time they are massively undermanned and have been for some time. During the war "cannon fodder" was made up of prisoners being released from jail to serve in His majesty's armed forces, plus at lot of wrongdoers on the run joined up to avoid prosecution.
Teddy boys {one of my older brothers was one} yes they caused trouble but 99% of the time it was amongst themselves and yes it was troublesome but they didn't break into pensioners houses and beat them half to death, or kill innocent civilians being chased by police cars, or lay all over the streets in a drug crazed stupor.   
I was a teenager in the 60's I guess you could say I was a mod, not because I wore that label, but basically because that's how I dressed, I didn't own a motorbike and I couldn't understand why anyone would walk about in leather all day {especially in hot weather}

I guess one might say mine was the 1st generation to "have it all" we had world peace to a certain degree, we had jobs to go to on leaving school, we had money in our pockets, people were buying houses, having telephones installed and if you were really "well off" you had a car, the world was coming on apace, we were living in exciting times.
 It wasn't utopia by any stretch but I wouldn't have changed this era for anything.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk