Author Topic: Hedgehogs  (Read 1322 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Hedgehogs
« on: May 13, 2018, 10:14:00 AM »
A neighbour spotted one in his garden towards the end of last summer so we began putting food out each evening.

This year we have two and we have bought a Hog House to stop the cats getting the hog food.

I had a very entertaining few minutes the other night when the outside sensor light had been activated to reveal both hogs on our lawn.
One was racing around the lawn at high speed whilst the other was snuffling round the bird ground feeder ( no doubt after meal worms )
Suddenly the one which was racing around charged up to the other and rammed it - before setting off again at speed round the garden.

I'm hoping they have babies!!

The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Hedgehogs
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 11:52:10 AM »
The tree and bushes are now sheltering the hog house.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 12:19:59 PM »
Snuggled in nicely.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 10:42:55 PM »
I remember walking through someone's gate into their yard years ago on my paper round. Must have caught a hedgehog off guard. It took off up the lawn like a rocket. That's when I found out just how fast hogs can run LOL (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 09:03:48 AM »
Yes they can shift - makes me wonder why so many get squashed on the road!

I don't normally see them unless I go up the garden in the evening, but can hear them.
They are always round the bottom of the bird feeder and of course they use their house for my food.

I do know they come down into the small Patio area near the house though as they have dug up my Primulas and flung them onto the path!! ----- Twice!!!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 09:09:18 AM »
Had to laugh when I saw them !

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 03:47:56 PM »
A neighbour spotted one in his garden towards the end of last summer so we began putting food out each evening.

This year we have two and we have bought a Hog House to stop the cats getting the hog food.

I had a very entertaining few minutes the other night when the outside sensor light had been activated to reveal both hogs on our lawn.
One was racing around the lawn at high speed whilst the other was snuffling round the bird ground feeder ( no doubt after meal worms )
Suddenly the one which was racing around charged up to the other and rammed it - before setting off again at speed round the garden.

I'm hoping they have babies!!
we have had full grown and baby hedgehogs on our garden they have a taste for catfood, when we have left our door open we have had the come into the kitchen. when we have found them indoors we have taken them back out complete with a bowl of catfood.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 09:06:53 PM »
we have had full grown and baby hedgehogs on our garden they have a taste for catfood, when we have left our door open we have had the come into the kitchen. when we have found them indoors we have taken them back out complete with a bowl of catfood.

No chance of that here.
We are going to bed when they are coming out  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk