Author Topic: Calow Hospital  (Read 756 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Calow Hospital
« on: July 05, 2018, 06:30:00 PM »
They made an effort for the 70th year celebrations.

Lovely blue and white balloons formed an arch over the entrance whilst inside balloons were hanging from available places.
WE were there about 2.30pm and sat having a drink when a small group were singing and playing guitars near the admissions office.

Lovely atmosphere - can't say the same for the person on the check in desk when I took my paper as directed by consultant to be given another appointment.  ::)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Calow Hospital
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 01:06:53 PM »
I was there too OC eleven o'clock appointment gone to find out my results, thankfully I live another day.
I know what you mean about those on reception, surly bunch, smiling and making polite conversation to people/patients, most of whom are there as I was to receive good or not so good news, if it's too much trouble then why be given that job.

As my work mentor told me when I left school and was out in the big world "It doesn't matter what sort of day your having, never take it out on the customers, always be pleasant and above all courteous"  and I always have, and believe me some of the people I have had dealings with over the years it wasn't easy.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Calow Hospital
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 08:18:47 PM »
I was there too OC eleven o'clock appointment gone to find out my results, thankfully I live another day.
I know what you mean about those on reception, surly bunch, smiling and making polite conversation to people/patients, most of whom are there as I was to receive good or not so good news, if it's too much trouble then why be given that job.

As my work mentor told me when I left school and was out in the big world "It doesn't matter what sort of day your having, never take it out on the customers, always be pleasant and above all courteous"  and I always have, and believe me some of the people I have had dealings with over the years it wasn't easy.

I'm pleased your results are positive that must have taken a lot off your mind x
I had an appointment which ran over an hour past the time and it wasn't pleasant at one point. Then came a short wait in Pharmacy.
We then as directed to reception with the given paper.
I was told - I'm going home. I was speechless and said but I have been told to bring this and get another appointment. Again I was told I have finished now.
It was one minute past 5.
I wasn't happy!!

More training needed I think!

The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk