General Category > Rants

Binmen!!

(1/4) > >>

Alsatian:
After the binmen have collected the bins and emptied them, why do they leave them strewn on the pavements - effectively turning them into slalom courses.

It's all very well for fit and healthy people, we can negotiate them - but what about blind people, people in wheelchairs, parents with buggies?

I saw it mentioned in this weeks DT that they were supposed to leave them where they were collected from - oh no they don't (to be read in panto voice!).

Surely there must be a service level agreement between the contractors and the council on expected standards?

Care to comment Mr Slackly?  ;)

Fly:
I took our, and the neighbours bin out this morning before work.
Got home this teatime, our bin was on our backyard in it's place.

Yes, the bin men in all council boroughs leave a lot to be desired.
Just glad we live in a friendly neighbourhood enviroment  :)

Scimitar:
Try driving through Stonebroom estate in a bus!
They park like pillocks -god forbid that a fire engine or ambulance should get through!!
Not kidding, I had to reverse a 40 ft. long bus on Stonebroom estate a week or so ago - nightmare.
Luckily a retired Trent Barton driver watched, and assisted my reversing.
A bus drivers lot is not always a happy one.
Reversing 40ft of bus around parked cars in the middle of a housing estate - living the dream - NOT!!

Slacker:
Had 2 bins blocking my drive this week when I came home.

Old Cruser:
We also work alongside our neighbours and make sure the bins are brought back onto the drive, not everyone can do that though for whatever reasons and yes our village has the same problem can be frustrating and annoying at times  >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version