Author Topic: Queens Park boating lake  (Read 1516 times)

geebee

• View Profile
Queens Park boating lake
« on: May 29, 2019, 08:57:27 PM »
When and why were the boats taken off the lake in Queens Park. When I was at Willies  1951-55 we spent many happy hours on the boats at lunchtime, in the winter when the lake was frozen over sliding on the ice was great fun, no “jobsworths” to worry about then back to school to dry the trousers by standing near to a radiator.. is Elf and safety responsible?

bransoj

• View Profile
Re: Queens Park boating lake
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 08:41:03 AM »
Boats are still available arent they, just only during certain months in the summer i think not all year round.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 08:18:13 AM »
I don't go in the park much but also thought they still were available in school holidays?
Does the train still run?

Going back to the time geebee mentions there was also a small paddling pool in that area - that's long gone.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 01:54:30 PM »
Again fairly sure the train still runs just only at times when its likely to be busy...things like school holidays etc.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 05:26:47 PM »
Again fairly sure the train still runs just only at times when its likely to be busy...things like school holidays etc.

Yes it does, I went past the other day late afternoon and they were putting it into its shed.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Haslander

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 11:51:04 AM »
Not sure that boats are still available.  A fire some years ago destroyed all of the boat storage area including the rowing boats, which allegedly couldn't afford to be replaced by CBC due to cuts in the leisure budget!!
Stupidity is infinitely more fascinating that intelligence.
Intelligence has its limits while stupidity has none.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk