Author Topic: brexit coverage  (Read 1248 times)

hifimad

• View Profile
brexit coverage
« on: January 15, 2019, 02:54:21 PM »
Recently i have been watching the brexit coverage and a lot of the the coverage seems to involve going to towns to interview the "people" about the stupidly titled brexit, now the controversial bit, the tv companies in their wisdom always seem to include some old fart of my age and older to get their views ( people who seem to think that britain is the power it was in the nineteenth century with archaic views to match) while usually ignoring younger people, my veiw is what is the point of asking older people for their views as we are going to be dead pretty soon anyway we are not the ones who are going to have to live with the full consequences of leaving, if reece mogg is correct when he states that it is likely to be fifty years before we see any benefit from brexit then the only people who are going to see any benefit at all are likely to be well under thirty, and with this in mind why should i at sixty four inflict my archaic views (if i do indeed have any) on modern society, i can hear the howls of protest already. >;

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: brexit coverage
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 08:57:12 PM »
Most of the government "sorting" brexit for us are of a mature age. The vast majority of those are individually/independently wealthy.
They are only interested in the short term, as you rightly say, in 50 years they will have shuffled off this mortal coil {as will I} so whilst still here they do not want to do anything that will disrupt the status quo, they are more than happy to keep raking it in for doing b*gger all.

Whatever the outcome if this country really does go t*ts up most of the above claiming to "serving their constituents" will grab their non E.U. passports, move ALL their money off shore and head for warmer climbs never to be heard of again, leaving us not only with egg on face but stood neck deep in the you know what.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 10:25:59 PM »
Based on the last post, after this bunch of money grabbing MP's have all done a runner with their money. a new bunch will step up and make the best out of what's left. Probably for their own personal gain, but what's new there.
I'm sure the country won't cease to be if we do leave the EU.
I'm quite prepared to give it a go.
Perhaps my current situation in life is swaying my judgement, but I voted out in the first place and stick to my decision.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 12:47:00 PM »
Based on the last post, after this bunch of money grabbing MP's have all done a runner with their money. a new bunch will step up and make the best out of what's left. Probably for their own personal gain, but what's new there.
I'm sure the country won't cease to be if we do leave the EU.
I'm quite prepared to give it a go.
Perhaps my current situation in life is swaying my judgement, but I voted out in the first place and stick to my decision.

Alas I think my post was more wishful thinking than anything else. This is because, as I stated on another post, people WANT change but when push comes to shove they chicken out {hence the voting in another 5 years of the same} comment, at the end of the day they really want things to be different but would sooner have "The devil they know" .
Understandable really when you look what happened in the middle east, ousting tyrants Hussien and Gaddafi left a vacuum and now look. I'm not saying for one minute we would end up like that but this is why the voters of this country run scared and vote the way they do,
I suppose the people of this country are not willing to take that risk, I can't say I blame them, but if true then they have to stop moaning about M.P.'s not pulling their weight, and M.P.'s lining their own pockets, this will continue so get used to it.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 04:29:16 PM »
i will make an even more controversial comment, you pointed out about the mess when the likes of hussein and gaddafi are removed and i agree, my observation of the places like iraq, yugoslavia, libya, iran  to name just a few is that these countries are so riven with tribalism, political and religious disagreements between their citizens that the only way peace can be achieved and for them to be governed effectively is by a tyrant, this is bourne out by the fact the minute we try to impose western style so called "freedoms" by removing these tyrants invariably the country decends into civil wars and religious, political or tribal genocide.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 08:02:34 PM »
i will make an even more controversial comment, you pointed out about the mess when the likes of hussein and gaddafi are removed and i agree, my observation of the places like iraq, yugoslavia, libya, iran  to name just a few is that these countries are so riven with tribalism, political and religious disagreements between their citizens that the only way peace can be achieved and for them to be governed effectively is by a tyrant, this is bourne out by the fact the minute we try to impose western style so called "freedoms" by removing these tyrants invariably the country decends into civil wars and religious, political or tribal genocide.

Completely agree....The only way they rule is rule by fear, look at Russia.... it did {and apparently still does to a greater extent} rule{s} with an iron fist.Maybe the middle eastern rulers see western governments as too Liberal and too wishy washy.
It, like the above, wouldn't take a lot to throw this country into total anarchy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk