Author Topic: The Eu debate its gone all daft.  (Read 4410 times)

who can tell

• View Profile
The Eu debate its gone all daft.
« on: May 14, 2016, 05:36:56 PM »
 So far if we come out of the EU the following will happen:
Run out of money , I thought that had already happened.
All out war with Europe.
No jobs for anyone.
Total disaster for the EU if we left, translate here what they really mean is they will miss our daily financial handout we are soft enough to give them.
The ' in ' gang are getting hard up on facts so coming up with scare stories what next if we left the EU the country will suffer a great flood followed by fire storms  :))
Ex Newbold ex Arbourthorne, Sheffield now sunny Dronfield.

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
Re: The Eu debate its gone all daft.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 03:07:43 AM »
So far if we come out of the EU the following will happen:
Run out of money , I thought that had already happened.
All out war with Europe.
No jobs for anyone.
Total disaster for the EU if we left, translate here what they really mean is they will miss our daily financial handout we are soft enough to give them.
The ' in ' gang are getting hard up on facts so coming up with scare stories what next if we left the EU the country will suffer a great flood followed by fire storms  :))
Personally I think if we vote to remain in the EU - they will shaft us anyway for daring to have a referendum.  They will come down even harder on us as a deterrent to other European countries contemplating their own referendums & impose other sanctions on us.
If we leave (& I bloody hope we do) maybe we can begin to rebuild the ailing NHS, control our farming & fishing,remove a lot of pathetic limiting EU laws, and control our borders.
Business within the EU seems to be fairly stagnant compared to what the rest of the free world seems to be able to do.
Just look in my business at the proposed cutbacks. Local authorities subsidise bus travel for Senior Citizens and the disabled. But local authorities have had to make cut backs year on year because funding from Central Government is curtailed. So despite Cameron saying we are the 5th richest economy in the world, we are looking at drastic cutbacks probably next year because DCC will no longer support bus services. All fine & good to a point with Stagecoach because they are a big player - but smaller companies will undoubtedly fall into financial demise.
If we leave - we need to ensure that the money we currently send to the EU is adequately and fairly distributed to ensure public services are running better than before & trade deals are done as before but also without constraint to other trading partners, i.e. the Commonwealth countries.
I could say more but I won't for now because it's up to you to make your own minds up.
Scimitar xx
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 07:09:56 PM »
This is so complex many seem to be struggling to decide how they want to vote.
A few weeks ago after listening to some opinions on TV I decided we need to stay in.

Problem is, apart from the stupid scaremongering of a few there are points to carefully consider from both sides.

I don't think anyone can be really sure which is the best option and now we have other countries joining in and taking sides.

Maybe we could have a couple of years 'trial' run at 'coming out'

If we don't like it opted back in
Just saying ::)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

who can tell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 08:45:21 AM »
This is so complex many seem to be struggling to decide how they want to vote.
A few weeks ago after listening to some opinions on TV I decided we need to stay in.

Problem is, apart from the stupid scaremongering of a few there are points to carefully consider from both sides.

I don't think anyone can be really sure which is the best option and now we have other countries joining in and taking sides.

Maybe we could have a couple of years 'trial' run at 'coming out'

If we don't like it opted back in
Just saying ::) For me decideding is not a problem , Vote Out !

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 06:14:20 PM »
Former Director General of the British Chamber of Commerce had this to say (Via the Daily Telegraph): John Longworth, chairman of the vote leave business council and former director general of the british chambers of commerce
17 MAY 2016 ? 8:53PM
Establishing the facts in the European Union referendum campaign is hard ? especially when both sides seem to be deploying them in contradictory fashion.

The referendum is a vital decision for our country, in fact it will define whether we even have a country in the long run. But the decision frightens many people because they don?t feel they have the facts.

I think the government and their Stay Campaign cronies are peddling snake oil. But how can people know that to be true? Well, I have a simple solution for the undecided voter.

When I resigned from my job as director general of the British Chambers of Commerce it was because I wanted to speak freely about Brexit.

I have 35 years of business experience at the top of large corporates and as an entrepreneur having co-founded a successful tech business, I have interacted with the EU throughout that time.

I have seen its workings up close. I was involved in the first deregulation task force under Margaret Thatcher, the single market programme and have been chairman of the CIES International standards committee for food and consumer products.

My time with the Health and Safety Commission provided ample opportunity to observe the regulatory burden from Brussels and I was able to see the interaction of UK policy with that of the EU as a Competition Commissioner.

I had always been a healthy Eurosceptic. Yet I believed it was worth working from within the EU in an effort to reform it.

At the beginning of this year I came to a crossroads.

Firstly, the Prime Minister returned from two years of supposed negotiations with an agreement about as reliable as the one with which Neville Chamberlain returned from Munich in 1938.

It was, in other words, not worth the paper it was written on. It became clearer than ever that the EU is a political project that is incapable of meaningful reform.

Secondly, I was appalled by the fact that the Prime Minister, having been unable to achieve any meaningful reforms, had decided we would be better off remaining in the EU.

George Osborne joined forces with former political opponents Vince Cable and Ed Balls to push for a Remain vote this week
George Osborne joined forces with former political opponents Vince Cable and Ed Balls to push for a Remain vote this week CREDIT: TEFAN ROUSSEAU/PA
Indeed, the Government decided to embark on a campaign to bully and coerce until voters came up with the ?right? answer.

It also started to talk down the UK, creating a potential self-fulfilling prophesy, and, worse still, recruited foreigners to lecture us on our choices, notwithstanding that the protagonists were clearly espousing their own naked self-interest, rather than the interests of the British people.

This strategy has continued relentlessly.

I became and remain convinced Britain will be more prosperous, have safer jobs, be more secure and have more influence if we leave the EU. And I am not alone.

On my side are two former chancellors of the exchequer and a former leader of the Social Democrats who is an expert on foreign affairs.

All are as sharp as a knife and with years of experience. None of them is beholden to anyone; they have only the pursuit of truth and the interests of our country at heart.

They believe, as I do, that the UK will do very well outside the EU and that we must leave before it is too late.

The former governor of the Bank of England says nearly as much in his recent book, warning of the folly and danger of the eurozone project and leaving me with the impression that we should not be in the same room when it explodes.

By contrast, the Prime Minister and the Remain campaign prefers the company of bureaucrats and technocrats who depend upon the continuation of the eurozone and its further integration for their position and power, their pay and pensions.

Just as Christine Lagarde is part of the European elite and her organisation, the IMF, is funded by the European Commission and the UK Government, so are many other organisations who make up the cronies of the Remain campaign.

And what of the Government itself? Many people ask me, how can they possibly want to stay when it is not in the best interests of the country?

Well, it would not be the first time in history for this to happen. In 1940, at that moment when our nation was in most jeopardy from a European ?project? centred on Germany, the Conservative party was split.

The Prime Minister, Neville Chamberlain, and the foreign secretary, tipped to be prime minister, Lord Halifax, both thought it economically rational to make peace with Germany in order to keep our national wealth and to maintain the British world system of finance and trade.

By contrast, someone whom they and many in the Conservative party thought of as a maverick, a ?swivel-eyed loony?, namely Winston Churchill, thought differently. He persuaded the Cabinet that once a country capitulates, it never recovers. And the rest, as they say, is history. Except here we are again.

Or perhaps we should listen to the US banks who are funding the Remain campaign. The same banks who brought us the Great Recession and the credit default swaps that bet against the financial system and the survival of Greece.

My strong advice to the undecided is that if you cannot discern the truth from the facts, instead apply the old adage of ?judging a person by the company they keep?.

People of good faith who are not beholden to anybody and have only the interests of Britain at heart, or the self-serving vested interests who want us to remain locked into the EU. And then vote accordingly on June 23.

John Longworth is chairman of the Vote Leave business council and former director general of the British Chambers of Commerce

READ MORE ABOUT:

who can tell

• View Profile
Why I will vote to leave the EU on 23rd June.
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 07:19:41 PM »
So the big day is not far away the clock is ticking away the nation must decided on weather we stay in the EU or leave.The politicians are pumping out scare stories of impending doom if we leave then we have others telling us the grass is better on the other side. Both debates have merits don't they and its a complex issue? I believe if we stay in the EU it's only a matter of time before we are forced into having the Euro who's track record is less than rosie its flaws came to light after the financial crash of 2008 it nearly destroyed Europe as each Eurozone country had to bail each other out. The bailouts cost billions each time putting huge strain on a  already wrecked financial system I sure Britain payed something towards the these bailouts in one shape or another. For once a British politician Gordon Brown did the right thing by not taking us into the Euro if he had I'm convinced we would be in a worst state than we are already now . BUT how long will the EU allow us to retain the pound if we vote to stay in the question going to come ahead sometime the way things are going Europe will become a super state ruled by the few with sham governments in each member state. Britain once had a large fishing fleet now mostly gone thousands of jobs lost ,local communities becoming ghost towns a result of been told how much we could fish and who to sell it too and in the meantime other foreign fleets were allowed to fish in out territorial waters at will . The Royal Navy were powerless to stop this due to agreements with the EU it just a example how much the EU has influenced government policy that favours Brussels will. Other industries have suffered the same fate look how much we produced in the past . Britain was once the symbol of free trade we founded the Commonwealth to promote trade plus traded freely with other nations for decades that was the case until the 1970s when we sold our trading soul to the EU now we are shackled to them we have become a 'yes ' country and treated like drones . If we vote to leave it will gives us back the freedom to trade to who we want to new trading partners will be found and despite what the stay in supports would have you believe we can still trade with the EU , Norway is a non member has the country fallen apart ? well no . Immigrantion will be back under our control and the bully boys will not be able to tell us how many we should take in to hell with the fact of social and financial impact to us in Britain. Cameron likes to talk big on how he got the best deals for us in reality its just a crowd pleaser nothing more talk is cheap . We spend ?55 million a day on membership now think what we could do with that money things like the NHS , rebuild the Armed Forces , recruit more Police officers, more investment in farming and fishing , adult social care plus loads of other things that could create more employment . Build more social housing the list can go on but you get the picture I ask you think carefully before before putting that x on the ballot paper this decision is a one off we might never get this chance again and will effect future generations . Don't give into fear Britain has survived two world wars and many disasters over the centuries let's put the Great back into Britain vote leave  (y)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 07:24:55 PM by who can tell »

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Why I will vote to leave the EU on 23rd June.
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 07:41:53 PM »
Chuffin el WCT That's a post and a half.  (y)

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2016, 07:11:16 AM »
Norway - a beautiful place and very expensive.
Does it prosper through it's Fish and fantastic scenery which attracts thousands of tourists every year?

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 09:43:53 PM »
The answers are in the video. They prosper :)

who can tell

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 10:06:20 PM »
Chuffin el WCT That's a post and a half.  (y)
Thanks , people need to know the facts its a big decision .

who can tell

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 10:24:05 PM »
Norway is a good example of life after the EU . Going back to Britain again especially the farming industry at present we seems to be building on land that was formerly used for farming and at the same time we are importing more food than ever mostly from the EU  The EU actually pays landowners not to grow crops so we keep importing instead and paying more for our food most foods sold in the lower end supermarkets is imported just look on the back label it might surprise you were your food is from . Instead of importing we should be giving money to farmers to boost food production and created employment and stop building on green field  sites or agriculture lands . Farming has declined a lot over the years a more recent blow was the closing of Derby cattle market due to council cuts which has left local farmers with no trading place to do business if we stop paying the EU we could rebuild our farming industry and start growing more of our food.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2016, 09:39:27 AM »
Thanks , people need to know the facts its a big decision .

Sure do  (y)

who can tell

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2016, 10:42:32 PM »
Apparently if we leave the EU house prices in the UK will fall how can this be given the EU  has no control over our housing market ( or do they ?) . Another thing does the BBC have a biased pro EU view as it seldom mentions the ' out' view?

handy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2016, 07:55:45 PM »
That's me done just voted out just need to post my postal vote now.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk