Author Topic: Leah Remini Scientology and the aftermath  (Read 1104 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Leah Remini Scientology and the aftermath
« on: December 29, 2018, 11:56:29 AM »
Has anyone else been following this on the Quest Red channel.

Quite possibly Scientology is not very well known in Britain although it would appear it is here in somewhat smaller form, perhaps because we are maybe not as gullible as the Americans I don't know. I had heard of them a good few years ago now, from what news drifted to us over the pond, and did watch the Panorama programme on Scientology with John Sweeney {2007}  and that famous "ranting" scene with members of Scientology who were constantly following him around. When I started watching this programme and what Leah Remini went through as she was in Scientology for 34 years ever since she was 6 years old.
{F.Y.I. - Leah Remini starred in the t.v. sit com King of Queens alongside Kevin James}

After 34 years she finally broke away and is now out to tell the world what it really means to be in the clutches of Scientology, it makes  fascinating viewing and I think the word "cult" could have been specially invented for Scientology because that's exactly what it is.
The programme is off air over the Xmas/ New year break, but will be back sometime in early January, well worth a look.

P.S. There is talk that Tom Cruise is beginning to see the light. 

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

hifimad

• View Profile
Re: Leah Remini Scientology and the aftermath
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 02:39:00 PM »
It amazes me that any nation that has achieved what the USA has achieved scientifically speaking can be as backwards when it comes to religion as they clearly are, if go onto youtube and look at the evangelist preachers one cannot fail to be amazed at the way the americans lap this garbage up, it is apparent to even the most blinkered person that these people are nothing more than rather adept conmen, however i would not consider that the orthodox churches have any more relevance than any of the other so called religions, i do not consider the bullsh*t peddalled by scietologists to be any less beleivable than the bulsh*t that was forced onto me at school during the compulsory lessons i was forced to endure under the guise of religious education/indoctrination, luckily at the age of fourteen i got myself thrown out of RI as it was known, for what was described as challenging behavior because i had the temerity to ask questions as to the validity of the obvious bullsh*t i was forced to listen to when i would have preferred to be in science or physics.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 10:37:42 AM »
All religion is built on myth.... NONE of it can have a ring of truth in it as it happened so long ago no one alive bore witness.

Even what the scientologists have been taught about the "birth" of their religion, would have even the most ardent sci-fi fans shaking their heads.
The USA has one of the most multi cultural populations on the planet. The vast majority of Americans today are descended from immigrants and they brought their religions with them, just as the Australians, it is estimated well over 90% of them are descended from convicts, but that doesn't automatically make them thieves and murderers.

I'm C of E that's only because a king a few hundred years ago "invented" the Church of England, not through any deeply religious belief dating back centuries.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 01:47:57 AM »
and the reason this king invented the church of england was, well to put it bluntly he wanted to get his leg over with someone other than his wife and the pope would not grant him a divorce, so the self same people who preach to us about morality are in an organisation borne out of what they would call the original sin, you could not make it up.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 11:52:16 AM »
It is alleged........

During the episodes aired it appears that there was rumours around that one of the main reasons Tom Cruise says nothing against Scientology and shows no sign of leaving {yet!} is that they have something on him. All I can say is, if true, whatever it is it must be a doozy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk