Author Topic: Paper and Bottle Banks  (Read 40316 times)

k4blades

Re: Paper and Bottle Banks
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2012, 07:16:52 PM »
Isnt there an issue there with polluted ground?  Good place to put it though, theres very few houses close by.

Thats my thinking, it would take less cleaning than if used for domestic purposes. What gets me is that countless millions of taxpayers money, from all level of Govt. gets spent on developing new sites, eg Markam Vale, can't they just direct some of that into cleaning up these brown field sites instead of leaving them to rot.  Now that is wasteful!!

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2012, 07:55:46 PM »
Large development (1500 homes)  proposed at Wingerworth, the logical thing would be to put a relief link road to Grassmoor then through the little used Furnace Hillock Way then to the A617 via Winsick. Instead a lot of traffic will end up snarling up Horns Bridge. NEDDC gets lots of income for providing new homes, CBC has no say in this.

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2012, 09:54:56 PM »
Slacker: Are you taking the politicians way out and not answering the question?

What's your definition of Chesterfield's Infrastructure?
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2012, 06:38:28 AM »
I was referring to the impact on the road systems around Chesterfield, if infrastructure is not the most appropriate word then substitute a different one

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2012, 07:13:32 AM »
If the increase in traffic congestion is in Cgesterfield it will be CBC that gets criticised by a lot of the public whether it be DCC (as with the traffic lights in Hasland) or NEDDC (as with the proposed Winsick development)

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2012, 10:36:13 PM »
If the increase in traffic congestion is in Cgesterfield it will be CBC that gets criticised by a lot of the public whether it be DCC (as with the traffic lights in Hasland) or NEDDC (as with the proposed Winsick development)

Would that be the same CBC that got criticised by certain election candidates about the county council function of snow clearing?
The same CBC that got criticised by certain election candidates about the county council function of Highways?
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Big Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2012, 06:18:33 AM »
Would that be the same CBC that got criticised by certain election candidates about the county council function of snow clearing?
The same CBC that got criticised by certain election candidates about the county council function of Highways?

And the same CBC that has 6800 homes proposed in the next few years - surely they'll impact on the town's infrastructure?

BTW, the snow clearing was  bad, O/H slipped and badly bruised her knee and the state of the roads is shocking - doesn't CBC fight for Chesterfield in such matters?

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2012, 08:14:54 AM »

I'm pleased to say there is a lot better co-operation and coordination between Derbyshire County Council and Chesterfield on that matter. The year before it was very random. Admittedly it has not been tested on a severe winter but it worked well on the few days' snow we had. Grass cutting on highway verges is also  technically a DCC function but it makes sense for districts to do this at the same time as their own land.

Big Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2012, 08:23:07 AM »
I'm pleased to say there is a lot better co-operation and coordination between Derbyshire County Council and Chesterfield on that matter. The year before it was very random. Admittedly it has not been tested on a severe winter but it worked well on the few days' snow we had. Grass cutting on highway verges is also  technically a DCC function but it makes sense for districts to do this at the same time as their own land.

You have to got be kidding! Try getting to the college after a snowfall, none of the access routes are listed by DCC for snow clearance. The pavements along Sheffield Road took days to be cleared and were lethal - it was an absolute shambles, no different at all from the previous year.

And I note you ignored my post about the impact of CBC's 6800 houses on the town infrastructure - typical politician.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2012, 12:10:03 PM »
Years ago when my grandfather he was a council worker and responsible for clearing the snow in our village where he lived he had a hand held snow plough, I can't remember what happened with the roads though.
Why can't the council employ someone from each place to do the roads and verges?? Or is it complicated?

ps I came on here thinking it was a topic on bottle banks  :o  :))  ;)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2012, 12:20:22 PM »
We should rename our boards the Off-Topic Forums  :))
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Big Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2012, 03:32:25 PM »
Years ago when my grandfather he was a council worker and responsible for clearing the snow in our village where he lived he had a hand held snow plough, I can't remember what happened with the roads though.
Why can't the council employ someone from each place to do the roads and verges?? Or is it complicated?

ps I came on here thinking it was a topic on bottle banks  :o  :))  ;)

And who was responsible for removing them - CBC, that's who!

Big Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2012, 03:33:21 PM »
We should rename our boards the Off-Topic Forums  :))
I blame the Moderator  :)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2012, 03:40:17 PM »
@ Dave I've no idea who took em off it - but I think it's a good idea myself.Yes where's the mods??
Letting us go off topic -- no 'helping us' go off topic! ;)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Big Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2012, 03:46:19 PM »
@ Dave I've no idea who took em off it - but I think it's a good idea myself.Yes where's the mods??
Letting us go off topic -- no 'helping us' go off topic! ;)

'Go off topic'... for a moment I thought you wrote 'gin and tonic' - if so, mine's a large one please....  :)) :)) :))

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk