Author Topic: car window warnings hypocrisy  (Read 1992 times)

hifimad

• View Profile
car window warnings hypocrisy
« on: July 26, 2018, 10:43:10 AM »
last wednesday i was following a mettallic blue ford people carrier up newbold road as we came upto the highfields roundabout the car in front of the ford turned left leaving a clear road in front of the ford, when the ford continued he went up newbold road at a fair old pace leaving me travelling at 30mph behind, and it was out of sight in very short order.
I shall now get to the point of my post, in the rear window of the ford was a diamond shape hanging notice warning other drivers that there were children on board, now i may be wrong but i take it these notices are to warn other drivers, and for other drivers to moderate their driving style to suit the the circumstances these notices warn the other drivers about.
however and i maybe reading too much into this what i took from this notice was, YOU have to moderate your driving style for the safety of me and my children, ME however will not moderate my driving style to ensure the safety of other road users including pedestrians in what is obviously a 30mph limit. So I as a driver have to take note of his warning notices and this driver can ignore anything they see fit including speed limits no doubt placed there for the protection of other peoples children i take it that in this persons obviously twisted viewpoint the only children that should be kept safe from irresponsible drivers are their own, and the rest can go to blazes.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 10:51:42 AM by hifimad »

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: car window warnings hypocrisy
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 02:03:48 PM »
I take your point.

Over the years I have driven I have found at least one thing about "drivers"

There's those who CAN drive, and there's those who THINK they can.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 05:03:22 PM »
I take your point.

Over the years I have driven I have found at least one thing about "drivers"

There's those who CAN drive, and there's those who THINK they can.

That actually is very true Sorastro.
I think we all witness drivers who think that road signs are meant for others - not them.

The vehicle you followed hifimad may well have had two drivers using the car - one maybe drove carefully whilst the other - obviously not!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 05:31:43 PM »
Probably not a true story I read, but a policeman lost his life somewhere after trying to get into a burning vehicle following a collision.
He'd seen a 'baby on board' sticker in the window and had shouted to a colleague about saving the child.
The vehicle blew up. There was 'no' baby on board !!  :'(
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 08:39:50 PM »
I'm sure I read somewhere that any sign not relevant to that particular journey, such as L plates must be removed if learner not driving, blue badges removed {or stored away} if named person not in car.

These signs are for information/warnings so if not relevant at the time they should be removed,I think this is why the vast majority of those baby on board signs are held on with rubber suckers so for ease of removal.
Same with L plates I would NEVER use adhesive plates on my car bodywork as {unless I'm a full time school of motoring} they would be a temporary measure.
I even go as far as every time I have bought a car I take the sticker off the inside of the back window that advertises the garage, or a garage mainly because it's not now relevant and also why should I give them free advertising.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 09:15:31 PM »
free advertising - hubby and I  flatly refuse to buy clothing with lettering on

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 07:58:19 PM »
free advertising - hubby and I  flatly refuse to buy clothing with lettering on
Guess I'll ditch my £50 Fred Perry then....I didn't buy it though :P
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 09:30:02 PM »
FCUK that idea  :)) :D 8)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 07:50:05 AM »
FCUK that idea  :)) :D 8)

I definitely wouldn't buy anything with that label on and didn't allow any of my children to have clothing with it on either.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk