General Category > Chesterfield Discussion

Another shop bites the dust

(1/5) > >>

Alsatian:
Krazy Price (curtains & soft furnishings) on Knifesmithgate is due to close after Christmas.

It's one of those shops that I don't visit very often, but, like Johnsons Ironmongers on Chatsworth Rd and Britts on South St, it was a go to place if you wanted either a niche item (ie small piece of net curtaining) or a couple of brackets rather than a pack of 50 as you'd get from the larger diy stores.

I assume that we'll have yet another empty unit to add to all the others we've got.

hifimad:
it is getting worse the market is now half empty, the market hall has a fraction of the shops it once had, i used to regularly use Crawshaws and it always seemed busy now thats gone, the pavements centre is not safe as you are likely to be attacked by abusive security for doing nothing wrong, as i understand it they are building another shopping centre whats the point, it seems to me the only growth industry in town centre are charity outlets and overpriced coffee shops.

Alsatian:
Although not even charity shops are safe, the Breast Cancer charity shop opposite the Portland/Wetherspoons has closed.

Fly:
I was in Krazy Price today talking to the manageress. I told her it was my last day at work until Jan.
She never mentioned it closing  :(
I know it was originally due to close back in May but they must have decided to give it a bit longer.

Old Cruser:
Didn't DCC put a questioner out awhile ago asking why the public felt shops were dwindling?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version