Author Topic: A VERY ENGLISH SCANDAL MY OWN RECOLLECTIONS  (Read 625 times)

hifimad

• View Profile
A VERY ENGLISH SCANDAL MY OWN RECOLLECTIONS
« on: June 04, 2018, 02:20:21 AM »
I have been watching the tv program A VERY ENGLISH SCANDAL and it took me back to my teens when I was a member of the youth wing of the liberal party, what I remember at the time of Jeremy Thorpe’s resignation was that the younger members of the liberals myself included were inclined to believe that there was a conspiracy by both Thorpe and the establishment to cover up a homosexual relationship and the solicitation of murder by Newton, the judges summing up alone was grounds for a mistrial, However the older members of the party did not believe it was true and supported Thorpe to the end.

I think a lot of this belief was genuinely held and not just blind obedience to a disgraced leader, once Thorpe had resigned as leader the general consensus at the time by the older members was that we should be looking towards Cyril Smith to lead the party as he seemed to have a lot of charisma,  all I can say is thank god that never happened as that would have been the final nail in the coffin and would have damaged the liberal party more than Clegg and his band of oath breakers ever managed.
I do think that the scandal and the trial have far reaching implications as to the behaviour and contempt our politicians and the establishment have for voters to this day, it also demonstrates that the politicians who  we are supposed to trust  are quite prepared to go to extreme lengths to silence the people they pretend to represent and firmly believe that adherence to the law is only for what they regard as the little people and certainly not for the likes of themselves, if you need evidence of this just look at my posts detailing the contempt  abuse and lying by Tricia Gilbys  corrupt and unaccountable Labour  Council.

It seems that this story is set to go on and on, as if you have been watching the news the police and the CPS are still engaging in a keeping the Thorpe scandal covered up even after all these years, I think it is a case of the establishment can’t be seen to have been responsible officially for an obvious cover up and massive injustice as this would never happen in our wonderfully democratic country, that and the fact that all politicians think we the voters are gullible and stupid as we have been swallowing their crap about British justice and democracy for years.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk