Author Topic: Help wanted with my WiFi please  (Read 2356 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
Help wanted with my WiFi please
« on: February 07, 2019, 09:59:43 PM »
My android phone shows as connected to my router with the normal icon, but sometimes Web pages won't load, nor will any Internet connected apps work.

As soon as I turn WiFi off, the pages load/apps work via my mobile data.

When I turn WiFi back on and it connects to my router, everything works ok again for a while.

All our other devices work fine.

Does anyone out there have any idea of 'what's up'?
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Alsatian

• View Profile
Re: Help wanted with my WiFi please
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 10:20:35 PM »
 I ought to mention that ive:

Rebooted the router
Restarted the phone
'Forgotten' my home network
Turned wifi off and back on again, and reconnected to my router
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 11:12:19 PM »
Probably the same reason I've got a 4 channel cctv recorder with 4 cameras connected, but it will only play nicely with 3 of them.
I've rebooted all the cameras one by one, and even all together. They all work fine on their own. No different. there's always one that won't show properly.
Thing is, cos there connected to the wifi in the house as well, all 4 are always visible and behave on my mobile, either via wifi, or my mobile data from anywhere ????????????
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 03:08:24 PM »
I have similar problems  Talk Talk say I have too many devices for my package and want me to pay more.
I only have the same as my previous package though so I'm looking to change providers as the devices are not all on at the same time!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 04:07:23 PM »
I have similar problems  Talk Talk say I have too many devices for my package and want me to pay more.
I only have the same as my previous package though so I'm looking to change providers as the devices are not all on at the same time!

My situation exactly!

My current provider (BT) keeps telling me every year that its cheaper for me to upgrade my package!! Any way I've now taken a basic sky package and, when my current contract ends, I'll be going over to them on their basic copper package and save myself £20 a month!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 09:02:23 PM »
Think i've sorted the cams now. Not sure what it was, but it wasn't a 'using too much broadband' problem  (y)

Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 11:45:15 AM »
I have got rid of Talk Talk and giving plus net a go
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 08:12:55 PM »
I have got rid of Talk Talk and giving plus net a go

Don't forget to haggle when your contracts up, I got a "discount" but I think I could have done better, no problems to date.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk