Author Topic: Roadworks at St Augustines  (Read 1992 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
Roadworks at St Augustines
« on: January 22, 2019, 03:19:27 PM »
https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/transport/traffic-chaos-in-chesterfield-could-last-for-months-as-roadworks-set-to-close-busy-road-1-9550988

Looks like the diversions are going to have a huge knock-on effect to traffic in several areas of town as well!
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Roadworks at St Augustines
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 10:05:36 AM »
I groaned when I got that update on facebook.
Pleased I don't go into town much these days. ;)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 10:30:02 AM »
I groaned when I got that update on facebook.
Pleased I don't go into town much these days. ;)

I don't get round there much either, it's a nightmare sometimes just trying to get out of Storforth lane, more times than not if we are going to Dunelm or Matalan I usually turn left at the lights then Langer lane and go through Grangewood.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 09:21:36 AM »
In reality initially is this going to cause that much of an issue actually on Derby Rd? The only part affected is the bottom of St Augustines whilst they make it wider for longer so you cant come down the hill to the lights so people doing that will be affected by it, traffic on Derby Rd can still travel along it both directions without being affected and, initially, you can still turn up St Augustines. Its going to be a pain for folk wanting to come down to Derby Rd from Whitecotes way but along with the actual diversion there are a number of other ways of getting to there.

I generally dont need to go down that way in a morning but looking on Google Maps traffic flow currently its showing as Green so no issues all in that area.

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 07:58:38 PM »
I was up there walking this morning  and traffic was going both ways on St Augustines  Road  and there was no workmen or  lorries  or diggers to be seen.

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 09:23:28 AM »
I was up there walking this morning  and traffic was going both ways on St Augustines  Road  and there was no workmen or  lorries  or diggers to be seen.
I drove down that way on Sunday night going to cricket nets at the place off Storforth Lane and all the signs were out ready to go.

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2019, 07:25:25 PM »
Its closed now downhill.The notices say for three weeks.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 08:55:16 AM »
Is it actually having a big impact on the Derby Road. Haven't been into town for a couple of weeks but need to be going next week

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2019, 06:54:14 PM »
I have been walking round there a bit recently whilst the other half is at the baths and it has been OK, but that has been mid morning.PersonallyI just cannot see how the huge spend can  be justified  as there is not the room to alter very much.
The number of estates being built between Chesterfield and Clay Cross will not help matters either.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2019, 07:49:25 PM »
I have been walking round there a bit recently whilst the other half is at the baths and it has been OK, but that has been mid morning.PersonallyI just cannot see how the huge spend can  be justified  as there is not the room to alter very much.
The number of estates being built between Chesterfield and Clay Cross will not help matters either.

The building is a sore point to many in our area and I think Dronfield as well.
Likewise the road works on the Derby Road is seemingly endless. The recent one near the Adlingtons estate has been a pain in the butt !
For some reason the three way traffic lights were taken off and they closed the lower entrance/exit to the estate when they removed the lights. I should add no work has been done on this entrance.
This has really annoyed me as I use that entrance several times a week and instead have had to queue in traffic lights to get to and from my uncles. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk