Author Topic: CCTV CAMERAS  (Read 3356 times)

hifimad

• View Profile
Re: CCTV CAMERAS
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 10:04:13 AM »
Nowl lets suppose all the above hypothetical incidents had been real rather than imaginary, it may be that at some point a person might find themselves in conference about complaints he may or may not had made, lets just say that he was talking to however unlikely the executive director James Drury would it not be instructive if that person had on him at the time of the conference an olympus digital recorder (i only mention a olympus recorder as i hapen to have one) and lets just say a perrson where  to have a recording of James Drury saying  that at the time of a supposed incident the people involved were not as had previously been claimed Sia registered, such a recording if it did indeed exist lets say saved on a lenovo t410 laptop coincidentally exactly the same as the one i am using now, then this non existant recording would be not only be instructive it may also be evidence of a crime having been comitted as to claim you are SIA registered when you are not is a criminal offence, it may also suggest that the council have little or no concern about the law as it pertains to thier own actions all, also if such recordings did exist i suspect someone might make sure that copies had been made and kept in a secure location and not just on his imaginery laptop,  all hypothetical of course

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2018, 02:31:28 PM »
I believe this is why especially in the U.S.A. the first thing people do when confronted by anyone in authority is get out their phones and start recording the incident, and from what I've seen on you tube in most cases that's maybe not a bad idea.
Unfortunately in times of emergencies when quick action is needed passers by would sooner record what's happening than help, well over 90% of what is viewed on you tube comes from peoples camera phones.
Having said that my wife bought me a dash cam for my last birthday and the car never moves off the drive without it switched on.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2018, 12:54:44 AM »
I think the problem is that quite often these people have no authority they simply go around imposing their will on everyone, and when someone fights back by attempting to assert their legal rights, these authoritarian nobodys reaction is to resort to violence and other abuses, the funny thing is that when cctv cameras first came along they were very expensive so ordinary people could not afford to buy them, so when people complained about their seemingly blanket deployment they were confronted with statements from the police and others with "what have you got to hide" or "if you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about", what a turn around go onto youtube and look at police reactions to being filmed, i am waiting for someone to say to them if you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about and to see their reaction. though i doubt they have the sese or the humour to see the irony in their inconsequential rants.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 11:24:36 AM »
If you have a CCTV camera on public premises you 'should' be registered and footage only viewed if necessary.
CCTV use on your own property can only view your property - not beyond.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk