Author Topic: Going to the barbers/hairdressers  (Read 978 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Going to the barbers/hairdressers
« on: August 04, 2018, 01:29:19 PM »
I don't know about you but I've never really been enthusiastic about uni-sex salons. As long as I am able I will stick with the good old fashioned barber for now, unfortunately {good old fashioned barbers} are as rare as hens teeth, and people have recommended salons to me saying "Go there they are good or go to this one they are brilliant" and I always reply I will when I have to. Also as I am still in possession of a full head of hair that still grows on a regular basis and I have it cut on a regular basis I don't need anything hiding or touching up so it's my regular barber.

These people that run salons must be laughing all the way to the bank after seeing the state of some peoples hair, I look at some of these so called "styles" and think, you've actually PAID someone to make you look like that, especially the young boys with their half shaven heads {with swirls in} and silly comb overs and the price they must be charged. the best ones are those who have just paid an arm and a leg to make it look like they've just got out of bed and they actually walk round thinking they look great when in fact they look like t*ts, only no one it seems has the nerve to tell them that.

Obviously celebs and footballers have a lot to do with how {young} people look nowadays, but unfortunately if celebs dress and have hair styles that make them look idiots then whoever "copies" them will look like idiots too.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

hifimad

• View Profile
Re: Going to the barbers/hairdressers
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 02:13:35 PM »
What i find annoying about barbers nowdays is they give themselves a silly name because they think it looks trendy, and then want to charge you £7-£10 for around 10 minutes of hair cutting, i used to be an electrical service engineer repairing tvs and hi-fi equipment and i got nowhere near that amount of money i should have sold my soldering iron an bought a pair of scissors.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 07:44:31 PM »
I cut my hubbies hair have done for years along with my grandfathers and father when they were alive.

I however have to pay for my hair to be cut - sommut not right somewhere ----- ::)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 07:54:10 PM »
I always thought hubby did yours OC  (y)
It always looks so nice ;)

Our_Lass always does mine  :)
Prior to that it was an ex pit man from Markham Colliery, (Hair Cut Sir), he had his own mobile hair dressing van and used to tour the Bolsover area.
He also lived next door to my mum and dad in Bolsover  8)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 08:02:44 PM »
As a long time baldy, my son (he isn't baldy - bucking the family male trend) whips the shaver over my bonce every so often - in fact it's ready now!
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 07:44:20 AM »
I always thought hubby did yours OC  (y)
It always looks so nice ;)[/b][/i]

Oy - cheeky git  ;D

Our_Lass always does mine  :)
Prior to that it was an ex pit man from Markham Colliery, (Hair Cut Sir), he had his own mobile hair dressing van and used to tour the Bolsover area.
He also lived next door to my mum and dad in Bolsover  8)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk