Author Topic: is this what brexit means  (Read 1058 times)

hifimad

• View Profile
is this what brexit means
« on: July 11, 2018, 05:37:18 PM »
I have just read an article which states that the uk is having to stockpile food supplies " https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/the-government-is-about-to-start-stockpiling-processed-food-in-case-of-no-deal-brexit/ "  if this is what it leaving the EU has come to surely this madness should stop, i am confident that leave voters were not voting for this, the sef interest of the tory party seems to be plunging us into a crisis of potentially nightmare proportions, and lets remember these people are rich they will be able to buy their way out of any problems caused by leaving the EU, the rest of us will just have to eat sh*t metorphorically speaking, rest assured mogg, gove, davies or johnson will not lose their jobs, nor will they go hungry as far as they are concerned the rest of us can go to hell, this is not the first time the tories have caused hardship to the people of this country, and their response "it is a price worth paying" i am sure it is particularly when they do not have to pay it, and of course there is "Je ne regrette rien" when the tories crashed the economy in the early 90s. they did not regret it but everyone else did.

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
Re: is this what brexit means
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 08:16:22 PM »
As a leave voter I'm very much disappointed at the way the Theresa May Government have approached Brexit. They have capitulated to every "plan" from the EU negotiations subsequently rebuked.
All I would say is don't believe everything you read or see on media outlets.
Both sides of the Brexit argument have been guilty of overstating what will happen - and continue to do so!
Let's see what happens - I feel further complications ahead and delays.
Eu will do everything they can to block our leaving because we contribute so much - as I see it.
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 09:28:49 PM »
hifimad, we've nothing to lose then have we. The tories will still sh** on everyone if we didn't leave the eu  >:
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 09:31:16 PM »
 I too found out very quickly we've been told nowt because both camps knew nowt.  I was under the impression whatever the outcome everything was in place to spring into action and away we'ed go.

Cameron jacked in the very next day because he was so damned sure it was going to be a foregone conclusion no one had figured out what to do if it went the other way, when it did it was a case of "S*d this I'm out of here, I'll just have to be an out of work millionaire for a while"

It is for that reason {and that reason only} I felt sorry for Theresa May, talk about poison chalice, but instead of saying right I'm in charge lets get it sorted, or even TRY and get it sorted, they've basically just sat there scratching their ars*s for two years.

If I were P.M. and were in this predicament {and the clock ticking} with the rest of the E.U. countries I would just walk away and let the devil take the hindmost.
The rest of the world is a very big place.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 09:41:30 PM »
If May did walk, there is still a tory party. Nothing would change. They'd just put another spokesperson in front of the party to shoulder everything, plus make a mint in the process.
The downside of the job, you might get assassinated I suppose  :-? ::) :-X
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 07:47:20 AM »
At the time of voting I remarked to hubby that I was voting for something I knew nothing about and very under qualified to do so - as were most of our UK population.
With the lies being told from the for and against how could we have made that vote.

Up to date quite frankly I am fed up of hearing about it - I switch off !!  >;
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk