Author Topic: Parkers New Bed Appeal  (Read 1661 times)

parkersnewbed

• View Profile
Parkers New Bed Appeal
« on: August 20, 2017, 02:49:26 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I am a disabled 27 year old from chesterfield, I suffer from cerebral palsy and  I am raising money for some much needed equipment to help me get out of bed unaided. I thought it best to try and ask the local community for some assistance in promoting, as well as donating to this cause.

Here's a video with some more info about me https://www.facebook.com/Parkersnewbed/videos/1391915267523956/

We're on facebook at:https://www.facebook.com/Parkersnewbed

To donate please visit: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/chris-parker-bed1

Thankyou for reading this, and thankyou to the good folks at chesterfield online for giving me this platform, it is greatly appreciated  :)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Parkers New Bed Appeal
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 07:43:10 PM »
Welcome to Chesterfieldonline Chris  :)

I've shared your JustGiving page on my facebook, and I'm sure there are a few other members on here who will too  ;)
Hope you get your new bed soon (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 08:14:14 PM »
Me too - shared it with my lot
Welcome Bud - look forward to your contributions :)
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

parkersnewbed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 09:44:35 PM »
Thankyou Fly and Scimitar,  it means so much to my family and to me. As someone who has to see my mum and nan struggle to get me out of bed knowing I can do nothing about it, the thought of having that freedom, im just, lost for words.

So, since i've not introduced myself here I go

Regarding the topic of my future postings, I must say trapped behind these four walls most days my local knowledge is incredibly limited, i'm locked in my chair, free in my mind (I do hope that makes sense). I'm a bookworm, a real geeky type, a vegetarian, not very politicial as I find it the cause of many rows, I find it a good way to spoil friendships, seen it too many times.

I'm more an observer, which is great as it allows me to see everybodys view and why they feel that way. People don't just happen, there's a whole bunch of events that shape them, I find that fascinating. By the way, I should warn you, I can talk for England as my folks can vouch for.

But, i'm a regular guy who's now a de-facto voluntry campaign manager, until he can land one of his dream jobs - Til then  9 while 5 sometimes 10am til 6pm ringing, posting, writing to you, the media, anyone who'll listen and doing all I can to get attention for this cause.

So i'm a busy chap, but i'll say hi when I can :)

Chris

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 10:22:57 PM »
No problems  ;) 
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 12:04:12 AM »
Thankyou Fly and Scimitar,  it means so much to my family and to me. As someone who has to see my mum and nan struggle to get me out of bed knowing I can do nothing about it, the thought of having that freedom, im just, lost for words.

So, since i've not introduced myself here I go

Regarding the topic of my future postings, I must say trapped behind these four walls most days my local knowledge is incredibly limited, i'm locked in my chair, free in my mind (I do hope that makes sense). I'm a bookworm, a real geeky type, a vegetarian, not very politicial as I find it the cause of many rows, I find it a good way to spoil friendships, seen it too many times.

I'm more an observer, which is great as it allows me to see everybodys view and why they feel that way. People don't just happen, there's a whole bunch of events that shape them, I find that fascinating. By the way, I should warn you, I can talk for England as my folks can vouch for.

But, i'm a regular guy who's now a de-facto voluntry campaign manager, until he can land one of his dream jobs - Til then  9 while 5 sometimes 10am til 6pm ringing, posting, writing to you, the media, anyone who'll listen and doing all I can to get attention for this cause.

So i'm a busy chap, but i'll say hi when I can :)

Chris
You are more than welcome on this forum as anyone else is - Welcome
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 09:42:23 AM »
parkersnewbed welcome.

Can I tell you a bit about myself.

My daughter is a disabled lady ( through illness ) and uses a powered wheelchair.
Recently I bought her a profile bed to help her. Social Care would have provided a single bed but she needs a double as she has been known to fall out of single ones.  :-? ;D

I'm not sure of your age but you may know her - everyone else seems too  :))

I've supported many children and young people with various disabilities through social care for many years.
Some with C.P.
Now retired - well supposed to be !!  ::)

I understand your challenge in life

I know you will be made welcome on here  and although we sometimes have a banter, it's mainly friendly and we all get on.

I'm the nutty old lady with a wonky finger  ;)

Again - Welcome to the forum x

The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 01:47:23 PM »
Sorry parkersnewbed just re-read your first post I see you are 27 - a bit younger than my daughter who is in her 40's  (y)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

parkersnewbed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 02:13:57 PM »
parkersnewbed welcome.

Can I tell you a bit about myself.

My daughter is a disabled lady ( through illness ) and uses a powered wheelchair.
Recently I bought her a profile bed to help her. Social Care would have provided a single bed but she needs a double as she has been known to fall out of single ones.  :-? ;D

I'm not sure of your age but you may know her - everyone else seems too  :))

I've supported many children and young people with various disabilities through social care for many years.
Some with C.P.
Now retired - well supposed to be !!  ::)

I understand your challenge in life

I know you will be made welcome on here  and although we sometimes have a banter, it's mainly friendly and we all get on.

I'm the nutty old lady with a wonky finger  ;)

Again - Welcome to the forum x

I get what ya saying with the system dont get me started haha :D

parkersnewbed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 02:14:55 PM »
Also we've got a new video after the success of the last one 1000 views in 24hours

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk