Author Topic: free parking on the donut  (Read 1454 times)

hifimad

• View Profile
free parking on the donut
« on: November 22, 2018, 02:43:32 AM »
i was talking to a neighbour the other day and he told me he had some sort of permit that allows him to park on the donut car park in town after 3pm, has anyone else heard of this

Alsatian

• View Profile
Re: free parking on the donut
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 08:03:21 AM »
Yes, residents living in the Borough receive a permit allowing them to park for free on certain car parks at certain times -

Mon to Sat before 10am and after 3pm, Sundays and Bank Holidays all day.

This only applies to certain car parks that aren't controlled by a barrier system (eg donut and White Swan car parks) and doesn't apply to 'on street' parking.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Alsatian

• View Profile
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 07:57:58 PM »
The permit is sent out with your bill  for council tax every March.Be careful that you wait until  3pm if you use it in the afternoon.I have see them coming round at two minutes to three and giving tickets out  if the driver has gone.
If you went in say at 2pm you can pay for one hour and  also put your permit on the dashboard and you are ok until 10am the next day.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2018, 01:02:38 AM »
when i heard  about it from my neighbour this was the first i had heard of it and from talking to the council this has been around a while yet i have never had one or even seen one

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2018, 06:44:28 PM »
Do you live in Chesterfield Borough Council area  because if you are in NE Debyshire or other you will not get a permit.
I reckon its being going at least 5 years.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2018, 04:55:52 PM »
Do you live in Chesterfield Borough Council area  because if you are in NE Debyshire or other you will not get a permit.
I reckon its being going at least 5 years.
yes i live in dunston, however i now have one as i rang up the council to enquire about getting one and the lady who answered was most helpfull, i explained that my partner has a disability and so we tend to go into town when its less crowded so after three pm and she told me she would send me one out an i received it the following day so thanks must go out to this lady, we are still awaiting forms to apply for a blu badge but i do not know where we will be able to use it

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 08:57:19 PM »
yes i live in dunston, however i now have one as i rang up the council to enquire about getting one and the lady who answered was most helpfull, i explained that my partner has a disability and so we tend to go into town when its less crowded so after three pm and she told me she would send me one out an i received it the following day so thanks must go out to this lady, we are still awaiting forms to apply for a blu badge but i do not know where we will be able to use it

You can use a blue badge anywhere which shows the symbol. Also some places will allow you to use their children parking bays but it's always better to ask.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk