Author Topic: Talk Talk  (Read 1648 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Talk Talk
« on: November 25, 2018, 09:48:58 PM »
Anyone else have them?
I'm fed up and thinking of changing suppliers.
Poor internet access which ebbs and flows, my mobile phone loses connection and I'm asked to put data on when I'm at home.
Must be better out there!!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Talk Talk
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 08:57:16 PM »
My daughters both said to me when I was getting internet, get who you like but DON'T get Talk Talk

I and one daughter went with Plusnet, the other with Sky purely because she has the whole Sky package.
I think at the moment new customers of Plusnet can get an 18 month contract for less than £20 p/month please check on that
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 08:58:18 PM »
My daughters both said to me when I was getting internet, get who you like but DON'T get Talk Talk

I and one daughter went with Plusnet, the other with Sky purely because she has the whole Sky package.
I think at the moment new customers of Plusnet can get an 18 month contract for less than £20 p/month please check on that

Thank you  :)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 10:46:27 PM »
Your mobile phone connection is down to the network the supplier uses.
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/piggybacking/

It doesn't really matter who you use for your broadband, they will all use the same wires that are going to your house and are maintained by BtOpenreach or what ever its called nowadays. If your connection is bad with one supplier, don't expect a huge difference with another. Obviously i will be proved wrong here. Some suppliers might give a bandwidth preference to the people who they can get the most money out of. Hence they always say 'upto' a certain speed.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 01:22:04 PM »
In January I will have been with Plusnet for 2 years and not a single problem thus far, I've basically started another 18 month contract with them and paying approx £25 p/month, that was reduced from almost £30 p/m but I should have haggled more because I'm sure I would have got even more off but I'll know for next time.

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 07:33:17 PM »
I have been  with Talktalk for some years.I only got about 2 or  3 megabytes due to the distance between home and the exchange on Saltergate.A couple of years ago  I went for faster Fibre and landline for £22.50 per month.I live about  300 metres from the green  box and now I get around 35 megabytes .No complaints at all in I have just renewed for another 18 months at the same price.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 08:06:48 PM »
I'm with BT (I can hear the sharp intakes of breath from here!), I did stray for a short while and went to NTL - who were then taken over by Virgin Media.

I had quite a few problems and in the end went back to BT, and have been with them ever since. I get what purports to be a loyal customer discount when my contract comes up for renewal, and basically I get superfast unlimited fibre for the same price as their unlimited copper cable price. Touch wood I've only had a couple of minor problems that have been fixed quickly.

I have looked at other ISPs and the only one that appealed was Plusnet (a BT subsidiary), but it always puts me off when you read the negative reviews - although I'm aware that people are more likely to leave a bad review when they've had problems, than someone who is satisfied is to leave a good review.

I tend to think 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' and, and stick with BT.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 10:38:15 AM »
The phone now has to 'pick a window' I'm cheesed off with it.

Went into phone shop and asked yesterday but no joy there. Thing is hubbies phone is fine !!
In town yesterday we had a lunch in a cafe with 'free' WiFi - Hubby phone connected mine didn't??? It needed a password??

If you see a post around facebook saying woman flings mobile phone out of window and knocks someone out - that may be me  ;D

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 11:01:15 AM »
I often wonder to myself is it my fault? or maybe I'm scared?

Now I'm retired should I remain in ignorance of technology or should I embrace it, I've more time on my hands now to learn.
We have owned a new freeview recorder now for at least 6 months, and I haven't used a third of what it's capable of, and what we have learned we have only just mastered {the remote is a nightmare}.
My wife bought a {cheap} touch screen phone about 2 years ago it's spent at least 20 months of that in the back of the drawer as she couldn't "understand" how it worked.

Or then again, if I keep my life fairly simple is there a need to "chase" technology.   

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 09:45:02 PM »
I often wonder to myself is it my fault? or maybe I'm scared?

Now I'm retired should I remain in ignorance of technology or should I embrace it, I've more time on my hands now to learn.
We have owned a new freeview recorder now for at least 6 months, and I haven't used a third of what it's capable of, and what we have learned we have only just mastered {the remote is a nightmare}.
My wife bought a {cheap} touch screen phone about 2 years ago it's spent at least 20 months of that in the back of the drawer as she couldn't "understand" how it worked.

I'm a 'move with the times' person to a great extent.
I remember a good few years ago when we were expected to use a computer for work  :-?
Couldn't plug it in let alone switch it on, some left rather than get to grips with it.
I attended training courses and slowly got the hang of them.
I'll never be a whizz if anything goes  technically wrong I'm stumped but don't do badly for an old lass.

Or then again, if I keep my life fairly simple is there a need to "chase" technology.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk