Author Topic: F1 legend Michael Schumacher ‘making progress’  (Read 2096 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
F1 legend Michael Schumacher ‘making progress’
« on: May 23, 2015, 04:43:14 PM »
 17 months after horror Alps skiing crash - that's not long after a  serious head injury.
It can take years and even then the person maybe won't ever be the same again.

I do hope Michael recovers enough to be able to enjoy life again though even if it's limited to what he can do.

FORMULA One ace Michael Schumacher is "making progress" as he continues to recover from a near-fatal skiing crash in the French Alps, his manager has said.

Michael Schumacher won seven world champion titles
Speaking last night, his manager Sabine Kehm said the F1 star was “making progress” but added that people “must always keep the seriousness of his injuries in mind”.

The German driver suffered severe head injuries after an accident in Meribel in December 2013.

Schumacher spent several months fighting for his life in a coma following the crash, but last June was transferred from a hospital in the French town of Grenoble to a Swiss hospital after regaining consciousness.

Schumacher was injured during a skiing accident in the French Alps
He returned home to Gland on Lake Geneva in September 2014 for further rehabilitation.

People must always keep the seriousness of his injuries in mind
Schumacher's manager
His family have imposed a near-total news blackout on the care he is receiving at his Swiss mansion.

Yet in February he was understood to be mute with "limited awareness" of his environment and is also still unable to walk.

Schumacher was crowned the wealthiest driver ever to have raced in F1, with a fortune in excess of £520million.

But the seven-time world champion’s family is facing spiralling care costs with the current spending on his rehabilitation estimated at over £10million.

His family is said to be spending around £100,000-a-week looking after him.

Michael Schumacher
Schumacher is now recovering at his Swiss home on Lake Geneva

Michael Schumacher is F1's wealthiest driver EVER with 'fortune standing at £520million'

Schumacher junior shows he has father's courage with impressive Formula Four race debut

Luxury watch Michael Schumacher helped design before ski accident goes on sale

His £2million holiday home in Norway was sold earlier this year, and his wife Corinna is also believed to have sold his private jet for £25million.

After reports in February that his recovery had been “painfully slow”, today’s announcement means the star’s latest prognosis is more positive.

Schumacher was skiing with his 14-year-old son in an off-piste area between two marked runs when he crashed into a concealed rock.

Last December – a year after the accident - Schumacher’s manager warned that the racing legend faced a “long fight” to recover fully.

Schumacher won a record 91 F1 races but retired from the sport in 2012 after an attempted comeback ended in disappointment.

He won his first Grand Prix in Belgium in 1992 and his last in China in 2006.

The old lady with the wonky middle finger

therealjr

• View Profile
Re: F1 legend Michael Schumacher ‘making progress’
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 05:59:42 PM »
Unfortunately Jules Bianchi isn't.. He's been a bit forgotten in all the Schumacher news. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32839992
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: F1 legend Michael Schumacher ‘making progress’
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 07:32:54 PM »
Very sad JR and so young.
As for Schumacher I doubt anyone is reading too much into this 'improvement' - the longer it goes on the less chance of much recovery unfortunately.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk