Author Topic: Should the younger generation turn their back on the older generation?  (Read 2270 times)

rocky wolfbanger

• Rocky Wolfbanger show has arrived in town !
    • View Profile
It might be just me but are we heading for a inter generational war the young blame the old for allowing the Tories into power. Iv recently witnessed a few nasty exchanges between the old and young and I mean nasty, its a worrying sign .

Slacker

• View Profile
I welcome younger generation being more active, students haven't been particularly fired up since the 1960s. Maybe some are still activists as pensioners

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Question is did these younger people Vote???
It's ok blaming others but did they actually get off their arses and vote?

To be honest I doubt any generation is actually to blame for the Tories getting in - they had a majority vote - end of!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

rocky wolfbanger

• View Profile
Question is did these younger people Vote???
It's ok blaming others but did they actually get off their arses and vote?

To be honest I doubt any generation is actually to blame for the Tories getting in - they had a majority vote - end of!
Lets turn that question around , did any party try to reach the younger voter in their campaigns ? What I saw seemed to suggest that all parties were targeting the older end.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
I wouldn't know who they targeted but they did come door knocking pre-election and how do they know who lives there?

rocky wolfbanger

• View Profile
I wouldn't know who they targeted but they did come door knocking pre-election and how do they know who lives there?
They would have a good idea , for example I doubt any Liberal would be knocking on doors at say a university hall of residence.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Don't the Uni's have politicians from all parties go in to talk to them as a group?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk