Author Topic: Washer and Dryer for sale  (Read 427 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
Washer and Dryer for sale
« on: March 15, 2019, 04:10:39 PM »
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Washer and Dryer for sale
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 09:13:42 PM »
That takes me back..... The adverts that used to appear in the papers and magazines, remember Tit-bits and Reveille.
Some adverts were out and out cons, but at the same time most didn't really lie most were just economical with the truth, for example:-

"Forty cigarette lighters only 15/- "{75p} turns out you got a box of matches!
"Have music in every room in the house for only £10, when you opened the reply up it just said "Whistle" {not sure if genuine advert}

But the one that really took the biscuit, in the mid to late sixties, was "X RAY SPECS" you know the one, the advert had a drawing {everything was drawn then} of a bloke wearing these specs apparently looking at the silhouette of a woman undressing through a brick wall, they were priced at, I believe, £10.
and before anyone asks......NO I DIDN'T!!
The guy that thought that up was obviously a cross between Alan Sugar and Del boy. As was pointed out to me, by the lad I worked with at the time, the glasses man advertised a full refund if not completely satisfied, just return the glasses, the glasses must have just cost pennies to produce and he obviously relied on the vast majority being too embarrassed to return them, so made a fortune.

It would be interesting for someone to track him down, if he {or she} is still with us.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk