Author Topic: Triple Lock Old Age Pension  (Read 1186 times)

Umpire

• View Profile
Triple Lock Old Age Pension
« on: November 07, 2016, 07:35:35 PM »
The other day a committee of MPs have decided that the triple lock pension increase and the winter fuel allowance is not sustainable and should be abolished.

I am an OAP and obviously biased but I cannot believe their downright hypocrisy.It is only a few weeks ago that they had a rise of many thousands of pounds together with the fact that a large percentage of them have directorships   on top of their MP salary.

I think if we got rid of a lot of them and the  peers in the House of Lords(£300 pounds just to put in a appearance and then clear off)would be a far better idea of saving some money.Anybody any thoughts about it?

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Triple Lock Old Age Pension
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 08:23:02 PM »
Two admission from me
1     I have hadn't heard of the term Triple Lock Pension  :-[
2     I've Googled it.  :-[

I hadn't heard of the suggestion of it being abolished but I have a friend in the Lib Dems and I intend to email him and ask his thoughts on this.

My own thoughts after reading up about is -
This Government will cut anyone's  money but their own!!
The pension is certainly not enough to sustain the current costs of living and how a lone pensioner survives is beyond me.
I'm not surprised they want to do away with the fuel allowance ( I also think the bus passes will go!! )
However the fuel allowance is needed by the aging people in the UK.

Only this morning there has been coverage on the news about people over 65 yrs old ( that's me and hubby ) are more vulnerable in the cold winter weather - but we can't win can we because they want to sell off ( but won't admit it ) our NHS.

So - Umpire, when the Temperatures drop and old people get poorly - we won't have the means to switch on our heating and the NHS won't help u when we are ill because of this.!!

TBH I am bloody fed up with this country who looks after everyone but it's own!

The sooner we get rid of the avaricious gits the better.

They may as well line us all up and shoot us now! >:(
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 08:40:35 PM »
OC,
     Based on the current situation I reckon the 2.5% will be the best of the three so that will be the increase in the pension from next April.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 08:53:09 PM »
I'm trying to find who the 'committee' of mp's were.
Looks like the tories don't like the idea, which is good isn't it ?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/729375/tories-keep-triple-lock-protection-for-pensions-labour-frank-field-SNP-MP-Mhairi-Black
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 09:04:09 PM »
6 tories, 4 labour, and a Scottish National on the committee.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work_and_Pensions_Select_Committee
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk