Author Topic: Mark Field save or sack?  (Read 990 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Mark Field save or sack?
« on: June 21, 2019, 11:13:28 AM »
We have all probably seen by now Mark Field frogmarching a Greenpeace protester out of the Mansion house, and calls for him to be sacked over it, and at first glance most people would agree.
But I agree with what he said, he basically said he didn't know who they were if they were armed if they intended any real harm to those around him so acted instinctively........ and I say good for him.
The Greenpeace activists are TOTALLY to blame for what happened there, with the world as it is marching into a building, like they did, was just asking for trouble, if Donald Trump had been stood up there half of the protesters would have probably been shot, they want to count themselves very lucky to have just come out of that with a sore neck.
Whichever one of the protesters thought that was a smart move should re think their next one.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Mark Field save or sack?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2019, 07:28:50 PM »
6 of one and half a dozen of the other.
Apparently she doesn't want to press charges, so let it drop.
He did look a little heavy handed though .  .   .  .
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 08:06:06 PM »
I noticed in Saturdays red top {The Mirror} they are basically asking for him to be pilloried, any chance to "bash" a Tory and the Mirror is there.
I have no political lean, I don't like any political party especially the Tories, but this was just a man who instinctively reacted, and if you notice he seemed to be the only one in that Hall who did. In any other context the headlines would have read "HAVE A GO HERO" it makes me sick.

Farage got "assaulted" a few weeks ago and thankfully that was only milk shake, it could have been worse, and so this could have been.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 03:37:45 PM »
It was a clear case of assault and batery, the fact that he did not know her intentions is beside the point as is her not persuing a case against him, he  appeared to commit a crime and it is the duty of the police to investigate irespective of what the victim says, it is the same if you attack your spouse even if she does not agree the police can and will go ahead with a prosecution if they have enough evidence which in this case they clearly do.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk