Author Topic: Evil Derbyshire times sticks the knife in .... again !  (Read 336 times)

Tarzan

• View Profile
Evil Derbyshire times sticks the knife in .... again !
« on: September 04, 2018, 08:11:25 PM »
I don't watch such crap as "celebrity" big brother,& i don't know what this is all about, but does this woman really deserve to have her career ruined & be forced from the role of cinderella at the pomegranate by the derbyshire times led hate campaign ?
https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/roxanne-pallett-steps-down-from-playing-cinderella-in-chesterfield-pantomime-1-9333984

Fly

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's No1 Taxi Driver
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Evil Derbyshire times sticks the knife in .... again !
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 09:58:46 PM »
She started it with accusations and trying to discredit a fellow famous contestant on CBB. She later retracted her accusations, apparently.
The DT have just picked up on the story because she was to appear in panto in town.
Hardly ruining her career. She's capable of that herself lol  8) (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Evil Derbyshire times sticks the knife in .... again !
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 06:40:03 PM »
The word Celebrity seems to be bandied about freely nowadays, It basically refers to ANYONE who has, by accident or design, been in the public gaze for whatever reason, in other words their "15 minutes of fame".
Most of these celebs are talentless no hopers that have somehow managed to create a [career], enough to be given the title, and if it was possible to rate them below Z list I would.

One of those many "celebs" I would definitely put in this category is Scarlet Moffatt. She is billed as "The celeb from Gogglebox" that's not even a proper programme! it's absolute sh*te, and no, I've never seen it, just looking at the trailers for it was enough for me.
There are literally hundreds and hundreds of T.V. channels out there and each one contains a very high percentage of tripe, take quiz shows as an example, these are just about 5 or 6  formats that have been re hashed and re hashed. Take "Would I lie to you" introduced by Rob Bryden {another Z lister} for example, this is updated "Tell the truth" and "He said she said", what's next? Celebrity nose picking, you examine a bogey and then guess which celebrities nose it came from {and yes certain people WOULD watch it} 

If you condensed all the entertaining {good} programmes together and got rid of all the dross you would end up with just one T.V. channel showing about 20 hours of telly a week, just think of what you could do with all that spare time you spent watching the box.
We are all taught history but we never learn from it