Author Topic: Parking charges at the royal!  (Read 850 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Parking charges at the royal!
« on: April 17, 2023, 07:49:04 PM »
Not visited the royal for about two years now and got the shock of my life when I did today.

Visiting my brother in hospital I was met with no barrier at the car park entrance so asked someone "How do I pay?" and was told.

I was there for just over an hour and was charged £3:20p {apparently the first half hour is FREE}
Absolutely scandalous, even the Dick Turpin's at Chesterfield council don't charge that much.

It's getting so you can't afford to be ill nowadays.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

smithy266

• View Profile
Re: Parking charges at the royal!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023, 08:36:27 AM »
we park in the layby opposite...for free! Hospital parking should be free....but even staff have to pay.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023, 01:55:36 PM »
we park in the layby opposite...

Only trouble is everyone and their grannies are going to do the same, and it's going to over spill into Calow itself and that won't go down well with the residents. I've seen what happens in places like Calow that have a hospital. When I used to deliver around Derby and Sheffield the Derby general in Mickleover side streets were crammed with cars and most of them were staff, it was pretty much the same at the Northern general in Sheffield.

The only solution to parking at the royal is {like Queens medical Nottingham} build a multi story car park on site. They could even just use it for staff. There are approximately 10 car parks at the royal and most are full or almost full at least 12 hours of the day, if each car park holds about 60 to 100 cars {as they are different sized sites} each generat a minimum of £3 an hour someone is raking it in big time to the tune of 2 grand an HOUR!! maybe more.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2023, 09:50:27 AM »
I recently took my daughter there who has a blue badge. As her PA was with her rather than use the special bays I decided to drop off and return when they were ready as the car park was quite busy.
However vehicles appear to be parked up in the drop off lane with no driver in sight. I think these should be monitored more closely. I drove round again and did manage to squeeze in to load back into the car. It's really frustrating.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2023, 01:45:52 PM »
Visited my brother last Sunday t/time and noticed how quiet the hospital was. I parked in the lay by opposite without any difficulty which surprised me and when I was in the ward {at the back of the hospital} I noticed the rear car parks were all but empty and plenty of spaces in the front car parks too, I would have thought that with it being a weekend visitors would be at maximum but no, so I'm going again this t/time for an hour.

Have you noticed that whenever you have an appointment at the hospital or even just visiting everything seems to be a trek? everything it seems is always at the rear of the hospital!

smithy266

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2023, 10:16:30 AM »
I parked in the almost empty layby las week when SatNag had a mid day appt, so I walked up to Calow village...at the top of the hill, there is a huge car park just for NHS staff....hope they don't have to pay for that priviledge...

Doyouwanttostart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2023, 03:10:26 PM »
The land that hospitals are built on don't belong to the hospital so it's probably why you have to pay. A cup of coffee or tea in the hospital would cost more than that but some visitors still go and buy it. At least your car would be safe in the car park than in a layby.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2023, 03:41:58 PM »
They have a pull in short stay drop off pick up in the top blue badge park. It's handy but there are some who abuse it
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 03:46:53 PM by Old Cruser »

Doyouwanttostart

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2023, 06:34:37 PM »
Patient transport? Maybe, it's available to those who need it. Maybe enquire with the hospital.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2023, 07:12:57 PM »
Patient transport? Maybe, it's available to those who need it. Maybe enquire with the hospital.

It's not patient transport

Doyouwanttostart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2023, 07:37:51 PM »
You are able to get patient transport to and from hospital you book it when you get your appointment and it's also available for when you visit someone.

Doyouwanttostart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2023, 07:51:26 PM »
What is mickleover

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk