Author Topic: The first snow of the year  (Read 981 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
The first snow of the year
« on: November 27, 2021, 01:04:32 PM »
I went to bed last night and could see flakes of snow in the rain.
Waking up this morning I watched a blizzard raging down our road.
It's not gone yet but certainly melted some of it.
Welcome to winter folks.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

kromercap

• View Profile
Re: The first snow of the year
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 09:38:11 PM »
Got up at 5am to go to work, looked out of the bedroom window. Just a bit of light drizzle.

Half an hour later, when left the house it was a full-on blizzard, the snow already an inch deep.

I pass three building sites on my way to work, all of them had security fences blown over, debris all over the road.

One of the people I was supposed to have been working with was two hours late getting in because part of a tree had come down, blocking his drive.

Rain, snow and low temperatures you can live with, but that wind is a killer.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2021, 12:40:46 AM »
Wind is evil  >:(
External and internal LOL  ;)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 11:00:06 AM »
As I recall the last time it snowed in the last week of November was 2010.

We had been away visiting and when we got back to Chesterfield on the Thursday it was over at least three foot deep on our estate, I couldn't even get the car on our street it was so deep so I went to my sisters and we spent over half an hour digging out a parking space outside her house and put the car there.
That same day I actually took a picture of the wife on the back garden re filling the bird table and you can't see her legs!

Now I've retired I manage to miss all the carnage caused by the snow and this time the wind, I now drive because I want to, not because I have to....
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2021, 02:38:13 PM »
As I recall the last time it snowed in the last week of November was 2010.

We had been away visiting and when we got back to Chesterfield on the Thursday it was over at least three foot deep on our estate, I couldn't even get the car on our street it was so deep so I went to my sisters and we spent over half an hour digging out a parking space outside her house and put the car there.
That same day I actually took a picture of the wife on the back garden re filling the bird table and you can't see her legs!

Now I've retired I manage to miss all the carnage caused by the snow and this time the wind, I now drive because I want to, not because I have to....

Yes you're correct it was 2010, I remember it well as my Mum was convalescing in Walton Hospital prior to going into a residential care home. Unfortunately the ambulances were unable to get anywhere close to the care home, so she was 'stuck' in Walton until 9th December.
To visit her, we had to walk from home (Brockwell) to Walton - a fair trek (uphill most of the way) in the snow!
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 01:07:32 PM »
Wind is evil  >:(

External and internal LOL  ;)

I really wouldn't know ::)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2021, 01:12:05 PM »
Got up at 5am to go to work, looked out of the bedroom window. Just a bit of light drizzle.

Half an hour later, when left the house it was a full-on blizzard, the snow already an inch deep.

I pass three building sites on my way to work, all of them had security fences blown over, debris all over the road.

One of the people I was supposed to have been working with was two hours late getting in because part of a tree had come down, blocking his drive.

Rain, snow and low temperatures you can live with, but that wind is a killer.

It was a dreadful day. I was pleased I didn't need to go out, no damage here surprisingly enough!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk