Author Topic: Free postcode lottery  (Read 8333 times)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Free postcode lottery
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2020, 05:03:57 PM »
I've only just got my email with today's link to the winning numbers (indeed its around this time {15:50} when I get it every day?
My email is time stamped 13.18pm
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2020, 05:23:42 PM »
My email is time stamped 13.18pm

Mine was stamped at 15:52, if they're not all being sent out at the same time, then that puts those people at a disadvantage as prizes could have already been claimed!
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2020, 05:53:04 PM »
True  :(
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2020, 04:17:06 PM »
Today's winner S40 2TE, Grangewood Road
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2020, 02:56:08 PM »
Mine was stamped at 15:52, if they're not all being sent out at the same time, then that puts those people at a disadvantage as prizes could have already been claimed!
Not sure it works like that does it? Its not one winner per postcode.

Todays main draw has 7 potential winners and the prize will be split between however many of those 7 claim their share by the end of the day. On the stackpot draw if your postcode is there you can claim a £10 per prize but its not just one per postcode.

All the rules are here - https://pickmypostcode.com/rules/

Going back over the emails i've had it seems to be mainly for me between 13:30 and 14:30 occasionally being a bit later nearer 4pm. I assume they send emails out in batches to avoid overloading mail servers etc. You may get a bit less time to check if you get the email later but you cant miss out on a prize other than by not checking and claiming.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2020, 03:57:52 PM »
Not sure it works like that does it? Its not one winner per postcode.

Todays main draw has 7 potential winners and the prize will be split between however many of those 7 claim their share by the end of the day. On the stackpot draw if your postcode is there you can claim a £10 per prize but its not just one per postcode.

All the rules are here - https://pickmypostcode.com/rules/

Going back over the emails i've had it seems to be mainly for me between 13:30 and 14:30 occasionally being a bit later nearer 4pm. I assume they send emails out in batches to avoid overloading mail servers etc. You may get a bit less time to check if you get the email later but you cant miss out on a prize other than by not checking and claiming.

If you check the stockpot draw the ones that have been claimed are greyed out. I won one of these draws and claimed my £10 but, when my daughter (who lives next door) tried to claim it she couldn't.

When she queried it with PMP they told her there was only one winner per postcode on the stackpot draw.

With that in mind, yes it does matter when you get your email.

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2020, 04:44:53 PM »
If you check the stockpot draw the ones that have been claimed are greyed out. I won one of these draws and claimed my £10 but, when my daughter (who lives next door) tried to claim it she couldn't.

When she queried it with PMP they told her there was only one winner per postcode on the stackpot draw.

With that in mind, yes it does matter when you get your email.
Thats interesting as the rules dont read as only one winner but if that is the case then yes it would matter when you get the email. Be interesting to know if they do send out in batches or they all go at once as far as they are concerned but the delays come elsewhere.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2020, 06:01:11 PM »
Pick My Postcode lottery prizes reduced:

PLEASE READ: Prizes temporarily lowered
April 16, 2020 by Chris | News

I’m sad to announce that from today we are temporarily putting the daily Main Draw pot down to £200 from £500, the Video Draw pot down to £50 from £100 and removing 4 of the 10 daily Stackpot prizes. The Coronavirus crisis has hit many small businesses, including our own. We rely on advertising revenue to fund the free daily prizes, but the market has suffered badly.

This is a temporary change which we will review as the situation improves. We’ve never had to lower our prize money in our nine year history, but we are going through a crisis that we haven’t seen for many more. Understandably, businesses are having to cut their advertising spend, and this means we’ve been making a significant daily loss.

Since this time last year ad revenue is down by 62.5%, and our temporary prize reductions equate to about 50%.

We considered furloughing staff, but we want the team together to help us get through this. We’ve been working together to come up with new ways of funding the prizes, and we have some promising developments in the pipeline.

We also discussed whether we could introduce an additional paid subscription service, offering an ad-free interface, and priority daily reminders. This would cost something like £1 per month. At that price we would need 18,000 subscribers before it would allow us to put the prize money back to where it was, and probably even higher when the ad revenue came back. Perhaps we could donate a percentage of any excess to a charity supporting the NHS. This is just an idea, but we’re keen to hear your feedback in the comments below or by voting here.

This is far from the 2020 Vision that we had. Since we announced our £20,000 per day goal things have been tough. We had a legal battle with a paid postcode lottery service (come to think of it… I’ve not seen their ads for a while), an ex-colleague stealing from us, name change, GDPR, Google ads banning us, and the rest of the ad market being destroyed by GDPR. We had actually managed to get Google ads back in February, just as the crisis started to take hold.

The irony is that this is happening just as we were starting to become profitable again. We really do believe this to be temporary, and when the market returns prizes will be going up again, like in the good old days.

We all really appreciate your patience and loyalty.

Be safe

Chris & Team

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2020, 03:58:02 PM »
Today's winner S43 4JA Barlborough area

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2020, 04:34:13 PM »
Today's winner S45 0DS Kelstedge area

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2020, 02:34:46 PM »
S41 8RZ, down near Stand Rd park a winner on the video draw today.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2020, 02:19:39 PM »
Stackpot winner, Holmehall, today. S40 4XE

handy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2020, 10:48:46 AM »
One
 today S42 7AW
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2020, 01:26:56 PM »
S43 4NJ   Clune St, Clowne.  (y)

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2020, 02:12:14 PM »
S41 0BW today's winner - Bank St, Brampton

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk