Author Topic: Corona virus lockdown a thank you to a local car spares business  (Read 732 times)

hifimad

• View Profile
On thursday afternoon i went out shopping for "essentials" as it was warm i wound my electric window down and halfway down the switch went faulty and stopped and i coud not wind it back up again, i went to the local car spares shops and it was impossible to get one as it was a main dealer part, as it was late i could not ring up the main dealers so i had to leave my car unsecured overnight with a bin bag over the opened window, the following morning i rang Perrys Ford dealership only to find it was closed due for the duration of the lockdown i wish somebody had told my car it was not allowed to need spares at this time, so a massive thank you to goes to Viaduct Car Spares & Auto Recovery Chesterfield, I rang them up and explained my prediciment they told me they were closed but they would get me the part i needed imediately, i went up acd collected the switch at a reasonable price and observed all the distancing guidance recommendations and was able to repair my alectric windows, so viaduct car spares & auto recovery chesterfield thank you for your service and common sense in realising car spares are essential unlike Perrys Ford. (y)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Corona virus lockdown a thank you to a local car spares business
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 08:48:32 AM »
On thursday afternoon i went out shopping for "essentials" as it was warm i wound my electric window down and halfway down the switch went faulty and stopped and i coud not wind it back up again, i went to the local car spares shops and it was impossible to get one as it was a main dealer part, as it was late i could not ring up the main dealers so i had to leave my car unsecured overnight with a bin bag over the opened window, the following morning i rang Perrys Ford dealership only to find it was closed due for the duration of the lockdown i wish somebody had told my car it was not allowed to need spares at this time, so a massive thank you to goes to Viaduct Car Spares & Auto Recovery Chesterfield, I rang them up and explained my prediciment they told me they were closed but they would get me the part i needed imediately, i went up acd collected the switch at a reasonable price and observed all the distancing guidance recommendations and was able to repair my alectric windows, so viaduct car spares & auto recovery chesterfield thank you for your service and common sense in realising car spares are essential unlike Perrys Ford. (y)

Oh dear now that must have been a worry - do you have a garage hifimad?
Pleased you got it fixed !
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2020, 11:48:34 AM »
This is the problem, life goes on.

Maybe somethings are NOT as vital but in the main are necessary.
I don't understand why certain "non" essential businesses can't operate {with the right safety measures in place obviously}
As with car parts  P.C.S. and Minofern at Clay Cross they seem to be trading o.k. according to their sites it's business as usual or what passes for usual now.

Same with our local cafe, closed obviously but you can order take away meals or have them delivered.
Obviously places like pubs would be a problem, cinemas etc.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2020, 06:01:45 PM »
No old cruiser i park my car on the close where i live so it was a problem security wise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk