Author Topic: Are European leaders about to give corporations the power to overrule our laws?  (Read 854 times)

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
Does anyone know anything about this? It sounds like someone's over-reacting a bit.

Right now, Europe and the USA are negotiating a huge corporate power grab affecting literally millions of European and American citizens.

The Transatlantic Trade & Investment Partnership (or TTIP) is called a "trade treaty". But if agreed, the TTIP would actually hand corporations the power to overturn democratically decided laws, on everything from environmental protections to food safety, through a system of secret courts that only corporations would have access to.

http://bit.ly/1kPa5w4
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
This sounds like a very serious matter. There must be something in the story to get SomeOfUs involved.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

therealjr

• View Profile
The EU are very fond of their rules and regulations.
I can't see them giving them away.
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
I f*cking hope not - there are too many folks restricting and/or eroding our freedoms as it is now without letting the greedy 1% decide.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk